Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 172
USD 145
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 244/night.

USD 234
USD 207
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 335/night.

Hilton Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 211
USD 182
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 298/night.

USD 166
USD 152
USD 220
USD 152
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 185/night.

Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 123
USD 100
Agoda.com
USD 272
USD 238
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 292/night.

USD 179
USD 157
  • Breakfast included
USD 333
USD 312
Official Site
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 390
USD 295
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 482/night.

All reviewsbreakfast roomsea worldhunter steakhousehotel circleold townfree breakfastyogurtsofa bedparking feehot breakfasthot tubbeds were comfortablefamily vacationbalboa parkzooseaworldshuttle
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel was renovated and looks very nice; however, parking lot spaces are very tight, you would think paying $10.95 a day for the parking fees , the hotel would expand spaces a few feet so your car doors don't get dinged. The vending machines we're broken on many floors and there is no hotel gift shop to buy any items such as ice cream for the kids, there's no store within walking distance to buy milk etc., the breakfast room is very nice , but the food quality is horrible , the eggs and sausage were not real, very rubbery and the taste was nasty. The common items such as breads , fruit, and yogurt were good. They have four waffle makers, get there by 7:30! There's a lot of people especially foreigners who are just plain rude, invading your personal space and no respect of waiting . The pool was nice, and towels weren't stocked and I had to ask the staff multiple times for towels . The towels are not bath towels but dish towel size . There is no restroom or rinse off area in the pool . The closest restroom is a single stall unisex restroom in the lobby . The rooms were decent especially the kids suites (great feature), well worth it if you have kids on a budget . I would stay here again for the price and I can suck up the cons that I wrote about because it's a whole lot cheaper than staying at a Hilton or 5 star hotel that's ridiculously expensive. Have fun and enjoy San Diego! Thanks sea world, animal park , zoo, mission bay and all the wonderful San Diegans!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2015

3 adults and 2 children stayed in a suite here for 3 nights. This is a fine property for a family stay and the price was especially reasonable for summer time in San Diego. There were 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a roomy, comfortable foldout couch in the living room. Both rooms had TVs and separate air conditioning units. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the bedroom. The free breakfast was decent as free breakfasts go: the usual, fruit, cold cereal and juices as well as English muffins, bagels, scrambled eggs and sausage patties. The pool size was decent but not huge. It was hugely popular and kids were in it up until about 10 pm. The location is handy to the San Diego Zoo and Old Towne. I-5 is close by. A good deal!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2015

We stayed for a convention in San Diego for 4 days. Our family of five stayed in a bunk bed/king bed, two room suite. It was great!! Bathroom needs updating and better cleaned, but other than that, very comfortable room and bed :) Walls could use a bit of sound proofing or maybe a note asking the guests to respect a quiet atmosphere. I had a difficult time sleeping due to the sound of bed knocking next door and kids running around and yelling upstairs.

We did not park in the parking lot due to the ridiculous fee.

It was our second time staying there and we will use this hotel again and again!!

The breakfast menu needed a kosher/gluten free option and the room is a very small area with many standing up and eating. For such a large hotel, the breakfast area does not properly accommodate. Maybe they can open a patio area to eat due to San Diego's excellent weather? I think that would be helpful. With a friendly staff and wonderful housekeeping, we look forward to staying there again soon. thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: get a room far away from the elevators and maybe closer to the top. we had a bit of noise from other rooms, above and adjacent to ours.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2015

I booked a 4 night stay in July, 2015 with my 4 year old, 8 year old, and 18 year old. The idea of the bunkbeds was a huge draw for us along with the idea of a suite layout and the amenities being offered. We were there for leisure, hoping to take advantage of the free breakfast and pool. I'll preface this review by saying that the two most important features of a hotel to me are beds and overall cleanliness. I don't like to complain and, therefore, seldom do. I don't like the idea of needing to point out problems to management and will generally just tolerate whatever it is that bugs me or fix it myself.

I'll start by the Pro's of the Property: Rooms were well-sized and the decor was nice. The hotel appeared to have been recently updated. The parking was ample and I didn't need to drive in circles forever to find a space. The front desk attendant, Joseph, was very cordial and helpful. The housekeepers were very nice as well and accommodating with requests for additional blankets. The king-sized bed was clean and quite comfortable with a pillow-top mattress. The air conditioning worked well and the overall layout of the room was pleasing. There was also free Wi-fi, which worked well enough. Our room was near the end of the hall, which reduced the overall noise level. There was very little street noise and the noise from neighboring rooms was minimal. Also, the wait time for the elevator was very short.

Okay, now here my critiques of the property, which I hate to do, but want to be honest. When we arrived to the hotel, the lobby was very small and simple, which was my first clue that I probably had not booked a hotel that matched what I was hoping for. When we went to our room, we noticed on the way there evidence of kids everywhere. Now, I realize that I also have kids, so this was to be expected, but there was trash in the hall and a half-eaten donut that someone had dropped and was becoming ground into the carpet. When we entered our room, the decor was an espresso-colored wood panel furniture with a modern motif. What I noticed first off was that there were fingerprints and splashes of food everywhere: the chair, the bed rails, the TV, the dresser. It was obviously not wiped down and sanitized. This is always provokes an immediate "ew" reaction from me.

While the king bed was very nice, the kids' beds consisted of a mattress with nothing except a single sheet and a top sheet and a very rough blanket. My son, who slept on one of the beds one night said that it felt like he was sleeping on cardboard.

Addtionally, the tub had several small hairs which reflected that the tub had not been wiped down. I ended up going to Target to purchase a household cleaner to sanitize the surfaces. The protocol for the rooms being thoroughly cleaned between guests needs to be reviewed as this is a management issue that may reflect that housekeeping staff isn't being given enough time for each room.

My next issue was with the breakfast area, which was oddly placed on the 4th floor. The breakfast area was EXTREMELY crowded. There was no hope of finding somewhere to sit and you had to fight your way to the different stations to retrieve coffee, muffins, etc... This seemed to be the case no matter what time I went during the operating hours. I ended up grabbing food and taking it back to my kids in our room. This was very disappointing.

So, what I have concluded from my visit is that the next time I visit San Diego is that I need to be prepared to spend more money to get a room that meets my standards. This is likely not somewhere where I would choose to stay again. The issues mentioned above were partially unavoidable, but there were also things that could be improved. I was here in peak season in a tourist area and paid about $150 per night, which in non-tourist areas has often been adequate to get the type of room I want. But, this was not the case in San Diego, unfortunately.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KristineK125
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Not a bad hotel nice location if you have a car. They don"t offer shuttle even to the areas they advertise on the name of there hotel. So bring extra money for transportation. The breakfast was decent but very crowded. The pool and hot tub is small and also very crowded.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family