2,015 results
All reviews amaya restaurant adult pool relaxation pool chocolate covered oreos prado suite four seasons amazing property family pool tennis courts pool staff star resort rooms are beautiful southern california fitness center the san diego area minute drive self parking
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Fairmont Grand Del Mar in San Diego continues to be ranked the finest Fairmont in North America. Having stayed at many other Fairmont locations, this place stands out with the best service and most amazing property. Our family’s favourite and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your amazing review and recommendation! We are so glad you be a resort that stands out to you and your family and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wow - the day I left Fairmont Grand Del Mar, i felt so completely taken care of. Every person who works at the resort acted like I was the most important person in the world. They did everything we could imagine to make our day perfect, and then they tried to make it even better. Plush. Luxurious. Spend time in the spa - amazing. An evening in the lounge by the fireplace is so romantic - especially if you order the profiterole. Also, the treat left on my pillow at turn down? Best ever.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review, Jennifer! All of our guests are so important to us and we are thrilled you felt well taken care of during your visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon for a wonderful stay and more of the amazing chocolate covered Oreo cookies.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you, lovely staff, for making this our most comfortable and relaxing hotel stay ever. We stayed in a Toscana suite and absolutely loved it. On this trip we stayed for a few days in San Diego seeing the sights and then went to the Fairmont for a few days of relaxation at the resort and it was fantastic. Our suite was huge and well appointed. We really enjoyed just staying in the room and relaxing with our toddler. We also enjoyed going for a swim in the family pool.

The service was wonderful the entire time. The employees will take all the time you want to make sure that you are content. Want a few more water bottles for the room? I mentioned to the bellman that we drink lots of water and he quickly came back with 6 extra bottles. An hour or so later house keeping dropped off a bag with another 8 bottles. I needed to get some whole milk for our toddler to drink. I went to the cafe to check if they sold any and the employee told me that it is free for babies and poured me out a cup. She also gave me an extra to put in the fridge for at night. I got free refills each day. Thank you!

We were staying at this hotel to celebrate my son’s second birthday. I put that on the reservation. They surprised us with two lovely decorated chocolate chip cookies.

The crib supplied in the room was a high quality wooden crib that we felt completely comfortable letting out baby sleep in. This was the first and only time that we’ve ever seen a quilt, rather than just a sheet, supplied in a crib. It was such a nice touch. They also put a complimentary stuffed animal neck pillow in the crib. It is either a crocodile or an alligator, I just don’t know which, but my toddler now calls it “ca co dile” now, so it must be a crocodile.

Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vickymta
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for your five star review and sharing your terrific experience with other TripAdvisor readers. We are thrilled your recent visit was met with excellent service and that you and your family had a great time making lasting memories. We hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I like this resort , so clean and upscale. it is pricey but definitely worth it to stay at least once. staff are friendly. i like the wine selection.
i recommend this resort to young couple who just want to relax and have romantic time.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your excellent review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and the extensive wine selection!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Another beautiful place in this wonderful country of ours. The food was incredible, amenities were great, rooms very clean, very happy employees. I asked one young who was pushing a cart of dishes how he liked working there and if he would be interested in a job in st. louis. His comment was I've been here 7 years its a great place to work and I get to play golf. One very happy and proud employee. Good Job

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Thank you for your review. We are happy you got to enjoy your time with us and hope to welcome you back again.