“Authentic Indian Food (American who has been to India many times)”
Review of Indian Grill

Indian Grill
Ranked #950 of 5,483 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We have eaten at Indian Grill twice and a total of 10 meals. We like to try different and have some to take home. The food was delicious and served at appropriate spice. Service was great and delivered in a prompt time. My experience is many India restaurants are a long wait for food, where this was not. I am hopeful they make it as it is in a tourist and basically Mexican food area

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We love our Indian food, and we were so pleased to have dinner here.

The property is large, with a very good sized front patio that looks like it seats more than the inside.

We arrived at 5:40 on Sunday night, which was perfect timing as most people arrived at 6, so we got our food without any delay.

We were graciously received and the service was excellent throughout, matching the high quality of the food.

Two orders of chicken entree, Dal, and two orders of garlic Naan, and we left very ssted happy campers.

Prices are unbelievably low, offering excellent value, and we will definitely return!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Found this restaurant after a full day of driving. Indian food is usually consistently good despite regional differences. Portions were plentiful and spicing was just right for our taste. Of all the Indian restaurants we have enjoyed I would put this one in the middle, not the best but not the worst. We enjoyed eating outside and the staff was very good. The biryani was a good size portion but my only complaint was the small amount of meat.

1  Thank neon8tl1
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I was in a hurry to catch a train and I picked Indian Grill for its proximity to the train station and being listed by TripAdvisor as one of 10 best Indian restaurants in San Diego. I called rather desperately. The waiter patiently explained what each dish included, and waited while I conferred over each one with my daughter. He carefully clarified the order with me several times because I had made several changes. I ordered Tikka Masala with cauliflower instead of shrimp; Dal Saag; Gujrati Dal (all mild), Garlic Naan, Papads and 4 Mango Lassi. Each item was delicious. They gave me 6 cups of Mango Lassi, but only charged for four. They also included three sauces: Cilantro mixture; Yogurt with cucumber; and a sweeter juice mix. The sauces brought out even more flavor in the Dals. Because I was going on a train, they packed each liquid with saran wrap around it, and placed the cups in a six-bottle wine carrier. They included four paper plates, plastic utensils, and extra napkins. While I was waiting for the pickup, the waiter served me water, not usual when someone is only picking up a meal! Everything was done smoothly, with great care, and charming attitude. We didn't qualify for the 25% discount because we were not dining in, but they gave me a 10% discount.

1  Thank sharonwestmd
Reviewed 8 February 2018

There was a good choice of food and great service from Aaron. Old town location with courtyard garden with patio heaters (not working on the evening we visited). Good tasty food and value for money.
Previous reviews mentioned lack of rice choices and suggested the food was from Costco. The rice provided was very good and to my mind the food was authentic and cooked on the premises.