1,128 results
All reviewsfront deskquiet areatorrey pinesgreat place to stayshort drivebusiness centereasy accessbusiness triphotel restaurantwould definitely stay here againfitness centercomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationhgilobbyfirmnessaly
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Great location - only 15 minutes away from downtown. Very friendly & courteous front desk staff. Nice restaurant & deli on the premises. This hotel has all the basic amenities to make your stay comfortable..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
mollysinclair39, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Good afternoon bmodi2018,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are delighted to you enjoyed the NY Garden Deli and Bistro 39 Restaurant. Our staff does their best to offer a welcoming and friendly service. We are glad you liked the location and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I was greeted after midnight by the desk manager Tina who could not have been friendlier or more helpful. My suitcase had broken and she was so helpful in loading my bags and providing a dolly to use to transport my bags. I also want to thank the General Manager who spent at least 15 minutes helping me to figure out my IT difficulties after traveling from the east coast - very patient and kind. The restaurant staff were also attentive and accommodating. Beautiful location and friendly service!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
david C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Jeni W- thank you for the wonderful comments. Tina is an outstanding representative for us, and does a great job with guests. I am just glad that the situation with your lap top was a simple one- my skill set was just enough to get it rectified. Very glad I could assist.
Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Very nice place, lobby was so comfortable, room was clean, but I wish the pool was more inviting. I was surprised to see our room had a patio. The TV could have used a better GUIDE, but is sort of normal for hotels. The staff was the best part, so very nice and friendly. Yes, I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
mollysinclair39, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Good afternoon Anthony,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you found the lobby and rooms comfortable and clean and we appreciate the compliments towards staff. We are thrilled you will be staying with us again - we look forward to it!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Not up to usual Hilton standards, pool is smaller than an average, appointments in room are not usual Hilton quality and we were given a “newly renovated room. Bathroom very small, towels are kept in an open metal mesh basket on the floor of the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
david C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear MyIrishFamily- thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. I am completely surprised that you did not enjoy the new room. That is the first negative response we have ever received on one of those rooms. The sliding barn door makes the bathroom actually larger than normal, although the walk in shower is larger than standard.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Really nice breakfast—get the room rate that includes breakfast. We really liked the location, and with free parking the overall cost stayed quite reasonable. Powerhouse park was a nice nearby beach that we had a great day at. We’ll be back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
mollysinclair39, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Good afternoon Jack B,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed breakfast at our restaurant Bistro 39, and that you liked the location of beautiful Del Mar / San Diego. Yes, Powerhouse Park is a fun one! Looking forward to having you back soon.

Molly Sinclair