Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,087 results
All reviewsfront deskquiet areatorrey pinesgreat place to stayshort drivebusiness centereasy accesshotel restaurantbusiness tripvery nice hotelfitness centercomplimentary breakfasthgizenobialobbyfirmnessaly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We planned a celebration of life for 50 people at the Hilton Garden Inn Del Mar. Everything exceeded our expectations. The room was set up beautifully. We had a luncheon and the food was hot and excellent. The LCD player, sound system, podium, and microphone were all properly set up and worked great. The catering administrator I worked with (Diane Phan) listened carefully to make sure that everything went smoothly. All the details were planned out and taken care of so that we could focus on the day's events. The staff were all attentive, but not intrusive. The feedback from our guests was all positive. I highly recommend this facility. We were very happy!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I booked this hotel based on the strength of the reviews and I was not at all disappointed. The accommodations were very comfortable and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I especially wanted to commend the young lady Daniela at the front desk for going out of the way to get me into just the right room.

The hotel is a bit off the beaten path in a very nice residential area. It's still just a short drive up the highway to just about anywhere you'd like to go so it wasn't a problem. I personally enjoyed the quiet atmosphere the location provided.

The restaurant was pretty good as well. The didn't have a huge menu, but what I tried was very good. I'd happily recommend the "grown up grilled cheese" with the side salad if you decide to visit the bistro.

This was also one of the few hotel "gyms" that I've visited that actually have working equipment. Beyond that, the gym actually has very nice, updated cardio equipment with a small assortment of medicine balls and dumbbells for resistance training. The gym is accessible 24 hours so it was easy to find a time to get a workout in.

Overall my week-long stay was very pleasant and when I return to San Diego you can bet this hotel will be on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank kflahaut
Reviewed 9 December 2011

After my eleventh stay there, I have finally decided to write a review. First stay was shortly after they opened and my most recent stay was just before Thanksgiving for four nights. Even though there are large time frames between my visits, I am constantly recognized by name and given a pleasant "welcome back" when I check in. The place looks like it was just built as it is maintained very well. Housekeeping is outstanding. Room service is very prompt and the food is excellent. Sorry to say but I have never had a complaint in all of my stays (how it should be) so I cannot comment on how the staff would respond.
Any request I have had has been honored immediately. Being a gold member for a long time, this is by far one of the best properties the chain if not the best. Thanks for always giving me a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I stay at a lot of Hilton brand hotels for business and this is one of the nicest I've experienced.

I'm not accustomed to Hilton Garden Inn hotels having so many on-site extras, but this hotel had a full-service spa (with weekday happy hour specials), restaurant (with happy hour and weekly/nightly specials), and lunchtime deli. They also offered room service, not something you see all that often at Hilton Garden Inns. And of course the 24 hour pantry/snack shop.

Room was very spacious with desk/office space, microwave and mini-fridge. Bed was only okay. Typical neutrogena bath products. Everyone I encountered was very friendly.

The area is very quiet with a mix of residential and business parks. There are some decent restaurants a short drive away. If you like to exercise, there are some trails/paths/bike lanes but it is a pretty hilly area so be prepared for a work out!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AGinLA
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Very nice hotel, comfortable rooms, very good restaurant and wonderfull staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business