“Watched NASCAR on the big screen” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rockin Baja Lobster

Rockin Baja Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockin Baja Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 4,679 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: Congress
Salinas, California
“Watched NASCAR on the big screen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We enjoyed lunch, margaritas and watched the race. Great atmosphere.

Visited November 2011

• Turkish first
“Great Lunch at Rockin' Baja Costal Cantina!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

A very enjoyable experience with great food, service, and atmosphere. Awesome mix of seafood and Mexican style cuisine.

Meridian, Idaho
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Went here from late night dinner-arrived at around 10pm. They have a decent happy hour with food and drink specials. I ordered a drink that was $5. It was delic. Also ordered the calamari app which was very good. I was impressed it wasn't the usual tiny pieces of meat that most places give you. My husband ordered the tacos and he sad they were really good. The gal working the bar was kinda blah, as was the person who sat us. They were very strict as far as not letting us sit at a table for happy hour. you HAVE to walk the 10 feet and sit in the bar. Whatever.
Overall, I wish we'd had more days in San Diego so I could go back and try something else!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Mexican I've had since who knows when”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but we went here for lunch when we arrived in San Diego. I shared plates with two others and their seafood and shrimp enchilada's were extremely flavorful. So much so no other Mexican food I ate on this trip compared.

Visited November 2011
Alberta, Canada
“Great selection of salsas for the free taco chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We went to Rockin' Lobster as part of a visit to Old Town. We wanted what we hoped would be 'authentic' Mexican food. With my experience I don't know whether it was authentic but it was good. I was most impressed with the big selection of salsas for the free taco chips. We had Shrimp Mojo de Ajo and Dirty Tacos together with local (San Diego) draft beer all of which we enjoyed.
It is an 'outdoor' restaurant with a roof and some radiant heating which would be necessary on a chilly day, it wasn't necessary when we were there.
We were there at noon on a Sunday and the restaurant had just opened so it wasn't crowded. The service was good. It was fun to try the different salsas which added greatly to our experience.

• Visited October 2011