“Beware of overcharging. Ask for a copy or a receipt because they don't automatically give it to you. They ask if you want one. S”
Review of Da Kine's Plate Lunches - CLOSED

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

We used a Restaurant.com coupon and they still charged us 18% gratuity and this is totally a self service restaurant. NO waitress service at all and they also charged us sales tax calculated on the total after the gratuity was added which is illegal and after all that they still overcharged us $1.00 more.
I guess they don't like to accept coupons.
Then they asked us if we wanted a copy of the bill and I said yes of course and then they forgot to give us a copy. I guess they try to overcharge others and they don't want you to see it in writing. I took a menu home so I can make sure of the calculations before I wrote this because I wanted to be fair and accurate.
Beware of overcharging and insist on a copy of the charges to double check.
Glenn

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great food for not alot of money.I never had any type of hawaiin cusine,but I must say the pork was fantastic.The girls takinghe orders were very pleasnt they even recommend a few dishes for us to try.If I lived in San diego there is no doubt in my mind that I would be a regular

Reviewed 9 October 2010

The food was absolutely full of flavor! I got the Wop Yo Jaws...3 different meats...delish!

Reviewed 11 September 2010

I found this place just by walking around while waiting for my son to arrive from Honolulu. What a gem! The food is fantastic and inexpensive. Love it! I will return!

Reviewed 26 May 2009

Lotsa meet for the price. Tender, sweet and not to fatty. Ended up buying an entire catering tray of the t-beef because it was sooooo GOOD.
Sincerely, The Frugal Pig !