“Lobster Ravioli”

De Medici Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
De Medici Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 5,560 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: F Street
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We didn't have a reservation and it was the day of the home run derby. The staff at De Medici were only too pleased to have us as their guests. The Lobster Ravioli was absolutely magnificent.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 11 November 2016

I loved this restaurant! Our waiter was a skilled professional and everything about his guidance with the menu and the service of our drinks and meal was perfect. I look forward to going back to this wonderful restaurant. I tried a Raspberry martini just for fun and it was delicous ! The lobster bisque was divine.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We went into D'Medici cold, just walking down 5th. The choice was a pleasant surprise. Quiet, elegant, with plenty of room between tables. Good wine list with many mid range quality wines. Two of us had beef carpaccio and were well satisfied, particularly with the seasoning. I had linguini vongole which was up to my expectations. I noticed that they make caesar salad the traditional way, not out of a bottle. Wish I had known this before I ordered; so hard to find a good caesar these days. Would definitely go back. Dinner for three (four apps, one entree, and a bottle of chianti) was about $150 with tip. Would return next trip.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Great Italian food, reasonably priced. Service was very good, and the atmosphere was intimate with lots of Sinatra playing in the background. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We were just walking 5th street, Gaslamp District and this place looked good. Good does not describe it adequately. Outstanding service, even the owner personally checked on us.
The food was real Italian. The Marinara sauce was oustanding. Spaghetti with meatballs made from ground steak! Lasagna was the the real deal. The service iz what you see in New Orleans at $100+ Entrées.
Trip Advisor has it rated just under 300 top in San Diego, well it was so good in one week my wife and I ate here twice.
Yes, we have been around the block a few times too!
Enjoy!