“Old Town Visit”
Review of El Agave

El Agave
Reserve with OpenTable
El Agave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 4,931 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: Old Town Ave
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stopped in for a quick drink and appetizer. The largest selection of Tequila I have ever seen. Great selection of appetizers and excellent service. A little off the beaten path but well worth finding. A must add to your San Diego restaurant bucket list.

2  Thank Emory B

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were in the mood for Mexican food and found El Agave in Open table. There were only about 4 tables full in a Sunday night. The best way I can describe the restaurant is rustic. They have decorated the restaurant with tequila bottles which were in desperate need of a good dusting. That being said, our waiter was great and recommended drinks and food choices. They brought chips and salsas to the table and my husband tried a tequila flight which was interesting. I ordered the Filete Chipotle which was one of the best steaks I have ever had and was cooked to perfection. If I was rating the food, I would give El Agave a solid 4. I'm giving it a 3 because I feel like it needs to be cleaned up a little bit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This has been my go to place in Old Town for the last many years and I have taken a lot of friends here who have all enjoyed the experience. This is in a lower profile building in Old Town (south part) away from the main tourist strip and above a liquor store. The Tequila collection is great if you want to taste a few different kinds and the food is more oriented towards Mole sauces rather than some of the cheesy tex-mex you can get in california and texas. Great food choices (tasty and well presented) and good service.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent tasty octopus tacos also had tequila mule sweet and refreshing. Great service impressive wall of tequila. Highly recommended would definitely go back!

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

When your Uber driver wants to drop you off in front of a run-liquor store, don't ask him to turn - prepare for an amazing meal.

Absolutely the BEST Mexican Food anywhere.

A huge tequila list with many aged 5, 10 or more.

The food and service is spectacular!

It is on my permanent list anytime I am in San Diego!

1  Thank ServiceMatters86