“IT'S NOW CLOSED!”

Harvey Milk's American Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I was shocked, last year or so, when City Deli sold out. I had a feeling Harvey Milk's wouldn't last long.

I stopped in my first day of a week long business trip. Food was overpriced, staff not the best vis-a-vis service (they hired, it seemed, the least expensive bidder (i.e., inexperienced) they could.

By the time I left San Diego the place had a sign on the door they were closed indefinitely. Like so many other flash-in-the-pan Hillcrest restaurants.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

My husband and I enjoy this restaurant. Food is good, reasonable prices, waiters are very friendly and efficient. I like the vibe of this place..laid back..and parking is a few steps away. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Every time we go to San Diego we go to Harvey's on University. From the minute you walk in the entire staff is friendly and very helpful. The menu is very full of alot of goodies and we have never been disappointed...

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The food was fine, the service was a little slow; overall not too bad. Its fun and full of energy, good crowd!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The place was very clean and neat looking. The staff nice. The food was good and tasty but just barely lukewarm. The Chile rellnos were battered very lightly and had 2 small ones.The over medium eggs were cooked perfectly. And the side of guacamole and salsa that were supposed to come with the meal were not present.