“" Great Bar, Nice Views , Good Food "”

Marina Kitchen Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #439 of 5,560 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina features the fresh and approachable Marina Kitchen Restaurant and Bar, a dining venue that stands out from other waterfront restaurants in San Diego, California. Marina Kitchen Restaurant and Bar boasts a reputation for superb modern American cuisine in a relaxing luxury atmosphere
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I went to the Marina Kitchen Restaurant & Bar in the Marriott Marquis on Harbor Blvd. after a San Diego Padres baseball game , and had a great time. The Bar is layout with a lot of tables and chairs all around the bar area. You can see the many boats in the Marina and look out at the views of the Pool area. They also have many TV's all over the Bar area for you to watch your favorite sporting event. The Drinks were very good and the Hamburgers we had were delicious. They serve Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner for the Marina Bar area. Everything is a little pricey, but it was good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Service was perfect. Our server, Abe, was as good as it gets. The others who helped us were also outstanding. One at our table ordered from the menu, and she was very pleased with her meal. Two of us ate from the buffet, and while very good, it wasn't outstanding. It seemed they were a bit cautious with spices, but that might be a reflection of trying to please the clientele which is primarily the convention crowd. I had huevos rancheros and it had all the necessary ingredients, but none of the fire I expected. The bread section was excellent, with a wide selection, and what we tried rivaled anything in a German bread buffet (the gold standard, in my opinion). I am downgrading it a star because it was mostly standard fare, and a few pleasant surprises, like pot stickers, but the flavors were too toned down, and the buffet wasn't as extensive as I expected for the price.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We were 'late' to breakfast - 10:00am. Unless you ordered something made to order the accompaniments were dry and fit for the bin.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017

In my review of the November 2017 stay, you will see my high praise for the cuisine, the presentation, and the extreme care taken by the wait staff to accommodate a variety of eating requirements by my guests. Outstanding on all levels.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Food was good and service was great. Don’t get enough food for what you pay. They did fill my glass almost as soon as I finished it.

Date of visit: December 2017