All reviewshome away from homefront desk clerkenjoyed my stayvonsaccommodations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stayed here about 2 weeks ago on a short overnight trip to San Diego. First of all the clerk Gigi was super nice to us and very professional, even bringing us a coffee pot to our room because we told her we would be up before their breakfast service. She was even nice enough to bring us a variety of granola bars and muffins so that we could still enjoy the breakfast in the morning.
The room itself was large, clean, and we appreciated the kitchen even though we didn't use it. We felt the mattress was comfortable and worked well for us. Even though it was a very cold night the heater warmed up the room very well and we had no complaints about noise or anything else. The grounds were very quiet and clean overall and we loved our stay there.
Only negative I could find was that no pool or jacuzzi were on site and we like to relax in the hotel jacuzzi when we are able to; but we knew this before booking. It was okay for one night and overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk, they are very helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and for the feedback. We are delighted to read you liked your well-equipped room and that you received an excellent service from our staff. Your compliments have been shared with the entire team, especially with Gigi for exceeding your expectations. It was a pleasure hosting you both, and we look forward to your next visit when in the area.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We called ahead of time we were going to arrive a little late to check-in and we advised them we had two rooms. We asked for the rooms to be together. At the time of my reservation the desk clerk was new and did not know how to give us rooms together and said they had forgot to save them. One of the rooms they gave us was dirty. I had to take pictures to show the front desk our room was dirty. The bathroom was full of hairs and the toilet dirty with hairs and urine. It was disgusting. They moved us to another room. The morning after I get a call that the reception desk processed by payment wrong and I had to go again so they can charge my card correctly. Oh and the breakfast they advertise is a joke. I do not recommend this hotel at all save your money.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank ANNA M
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for your review. We were disappointed to read that we did not live up to our typical standards, and we are truly sorry your stay was anything less than exceptional. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is very disappointing to read. Your comments will be shared with the team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you will accept our apologies and consider giving us another chance to show you the outstanding service that we typically provide.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

If there was a way to give this place a negative 5 stars I would. This place is absolutely disgusting. Besides the limited professionals there it’s full of ladies of the night and drug dealers. It reeks of marijuana smoke and smell despite the multiple signs around indicated it’s not allowed. Ladies moaning and doors slamming all night. At one point during my stay the hot water went out for three days! The water was literally freezing for showers. No compensation was offered, all we got was “ oh well someone will fix it soon” the mattress is paper thin and I couldn’t even bring myself to sleep on the sheets,I purchased my own. The carpet is disgusting the lamp shades are yellow tinged. I opted out of housekeeping because clearly I can clean it better myself, but I came back to the room one days found the housekeeper with her personal radio blaring, my door propped open, and her relaxing in my room. When approached I politely informed her none of her services were needed. Also they all speak English to guests and speak Spanish to each other. There is one Maintence man who pretty much is worthless the Toliet broke and guess what it was his day off. They offered me a room down the hall to use for restroom only. Who wants to hike it down the hall in their PJs for a bathroom and back to bed. My company had us here for one month it was the worst ever. My advice steer clear of this place I would rather stay with Freddie Kooger at the Nightmare on Elm Street hotel before staying here. Oh yeah In addition they allow guests to bring huge dogs that ride the regular elevator. Someone had a pit bull just casually strolling the hotel grounds. This was my first ever stay at any extended stay and it was my last. My company moved some of us and definitely were informed to never book with this location ever again

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank ASHLEY S
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. Your feedback will assist us in our efforts to continually improve our service and guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Room was of good size, and having a kitchen with a refrigerator allowed me to save on eating out. The bed was comfortable and the hotel location was good. The room could have been cleaner, though. It was as if they ran the vacuum across the center of the rug and never cleaned the edges or under the recliner. The "on the go" breakfast offered oatmeal, granola bars, and hot beverages. Adding some fruit to the offerings would be make it a much better breakfast. For an "extended" stay hotel, there is no fitness facility. Even if it was just a converted room with a couple of treadmills and a bike, at least there would be something in the hotel. Not having the ability to exercise when you are away from home is a real negative. I also had a very difficult time modifying my reservation prior to my arrival, and despite speaking with several people on the phone, when I added one night to my stay, my rate for every night increased. "Guest Relations" never called me as I was assured they would. Instead, I brought all of my paperwork with me to the hotel and Caleb, the front desk clerk, easily corrected it all for me. While that was great, it's unfortunate that the billing issue could not have been easily resolved prior to my arrival.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda C
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Linda, we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your reservation and billing, but we are happy that Caleb took good care of this. We are also sorry you didn’t find our fitness center up to your expectations and weren’t happy with our breakfast offerings. Your feedback will be shared with appropriate individuals in our organization to improve our services and facilities going forward. Please consider giving us another opportunity to make it up to you and your family on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

First time customer - only stayed one night but was very pleased with the accommodations. Was quiet, clean and the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Received a great rate and would stay again if in the area as needed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Barbara, we appreciate you choosing to stay at Extended Stay America and taking the time to write a review. It is great to read that you loved our front-desk service and affordable rates. Thanks so much for the positive review, and we look forward to serving you again soon.