This was a last minute reservation for my husband, 1 year old and I when we were in town from a Thursday through a Tuesday. It was the "last room left" and my mom made the reservation. Traveling with a 1 year old meant I had certain needs of the room and this one did check all the boxes: bathtub for the baby, fridge for the milk, access to dishes and microwave to reheat baby's food. Kitchen and bathroom were clean. The bathtub was glazed so no one would slip. The closet was even wide enough for us to squeeze the pack n play in there so when we pulled the curtain closed it was a make shift room for the baby. I was thankful for the a.c. / heater to set the temp just where I wanted it.
The cons: The room was dirty and smelled like old cigarettes. My mom was not made aware that this was a smoking room. I have asthma and my husband was recovering from bronchitis. The stale cigarette smell was in our clothes the whole weekend and aggravated our conditions. The carpet was filthy. I was hesitant to let my baby crawl around and when I did her leggings were sticky and dirty from dragging along the carpet. Her toys fell under the bed and I discovered dust bunnies, spiders, cobwebs and trash under the bed. The corners and ceiling had cobwebs hanging around for what looked like months. The bed skirts and blankets were covered in dog hair and I found multiple long curly blond hairs on my pjs after I woke up in the morning.
I didn't get to speak to too many people during my stay but everyone except one front desk lady was very friendly. (I may have been a bit sensitive because it was first thing in the morning before coffee) There was free in room WiFi but it was slow. Ample convenient parking and I felt like my car and family were safe there.
Sigh. All in all, it served our needs nicely. But considering our little family only gets away 2 times per year and we spent our vacation time in such a dirty stinky room, I just feel icky about it. Staying here made me feel like I should apologize for wanting to be clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica San Diego-Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- Extended Stay America San Diego
- Extended Stay San Diego
- San Diego Extended Stay