All reviewsmission valleyparking feecourtyard marriotthillcrest areanice hotelsea worldold townlobby areaeasy accesswould stay here againbusiness tripfitness centerclose to downtownbalboa parkfront desk clerkbeds were very comfortablethe room was nice
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Inexpensive king bed room:
Comfortable bed
Balanced climate control
Refrigerator space
Decent size bathroom and clean!

Lobby is bustling, which is usually a good sign. Welcoming staff and warm environment. I definitely recommend

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for the good review. I am pleased to see that the service and the product met your expectations. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

After an airport fiasco, and a grumpy traveler (me), I finally arrived for my business stop over in San Diego. Weary, but only the mid point of my trip. I walked into the lobby to smiling staff, who quickly began checking me in. Only to stop 1/2 way, hand me a 4x5 card and suggest I go into the restaurant where they were just wrapping up a patron appreciation event. They took my luggage, and showed me the way. I was able to sit and relax with a glass of wine and hors d’oeuvers. Much needed pampering to put a smile on my face. The right hotel to make your day!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for the review and the great comments Amy W! I am pleased to see that our staff made up for the airport fiasco.

Glad you stayed with us and we hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Overall the customer service is good. They don’t really tell you that you can get one hour of free parking vice a half hour. The rooms are nice. My only issues: no towels in the gym, and the elevator smelled like cigarettes. Overall a good experience except for the pay for parking added expense.

Evan W-

Thank you for the review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. A few things for the parking, we do publish it on all booking sites. We never want to surprise anyone with additional costs. Also, the grace period is being changed to 30 minutes now that we have the new signage posted.

I appreciate the comment about the towels in the gym. I spoke with our Supervisors in Housekeeping this morning to ensure that we are sticking to our timetables of refreshing. You will be happy to know that this has been resolved.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This is a typical hotel that has waited to long to work on maintenance. The way to get to the road itself feels like a maze of roads. It’s like the saying “you can’t get there from here”. Thank God for the Waze app. The parking lot system feels like a jail. The parking lot was full and run down. Check in average. Rooms old and need repair. Noisy air conditioning unit. Plugged up drain in shower. Small soaps.....I can go on but will stop. This hotel feels like it’s an independent ownership that needs pressure from the franchise group in corporate headquarters. I’ll look elsewhere next trip there.

1  Thank ScottC4765
Gary C, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your review and comments. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as satisfactory as it should have been. Although our rooms were updated in 2015, we are working on the case goods and adding some fresh amenities to the rooms. I have a full team focused on touching up and fixing what needs to be fixed.

I would like to point out that although we are slightly dated, we are very clean, friendly and are focused on keeping the product up to expectations.

Hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

They allowed me to check in pretty early which was nice. This hotel has not had the Marriott “makeover”, the rooms were clean but very worn. The water coming out of the faucet in the bathroom shot up at you.
This hotel has food all day, uncommon for courtyards who have moved to the bistro format, and a breakfast buffet. But there are no restaurants nearby, except at other hotels.
My room faced the street and it was pretty busy out there all day and night.
The WiFi was not good, even using the premiere service.
I know there are better options. Also this hotel is not very close to downtown, so don’t stay here if you need to be downtown. Also the parking lot was very dark at night. Needs some serious lighting out there.

1  Thank jnetk

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that our service was to your expectations and that we were able to get you checked in early. We had a refresh in 2015 with some of the newer Marriott items, such as soft seating, lighting, carpet, wall paper, etc. Our rooms, although not the most modern, are clean and comfortable.

As fr traveling to Downtown, we are 10 minutes from downtown via the 163 and 15 minutes from downtown via the 8. All close drives, or Uber/Lyft rides.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again, soon.