“Tim is the nicest person I know and he can be your guide!”

Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim
Ranked #58 of 260 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-Day, Expert-Guided Tour from San Diego to La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Amazing Scenery. Fascinating History. Includes driver & guide for a better experience. Join our optional walking tours or take free time to explore on your own. See 360-degree views from one of the highest hilltops along the Southern California coast, multi-million dollar mansions, sea lions, seals, pelicans, cormorants, paragliders flying off ocean cliffs, and the Torrey Pines Golf Course, home to the 2008 & 2021 U.S. Opens. Learn about the history of pioneering women, famous residents, aviation, geology, architecture, military, interesting trees and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Austin, Texas
“Tim is the nicest person I know and he can be your guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Before going to la jolla, Tim had to reschedule me a couple of times. No prob as I had a very flexible schedule. So as not to disappoint, Tim honored one of the initially scheduled times and took me on a tour to Cabrillo National Monument...for free! Wow! So gracious and kind he is. Then the tour to La Jolla was relaxed, filled with interesting anecdote and accomodated several stops and points of interest. Tim took a photo of me impersonating an airplane, in honor of Charles Lindbergh and his intrepid wife (a pilot as well whose name escapes me). Great times, Tim! I felt I had a friend in San Diego.

Visited December 2011

Lake Tapawingo, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Family Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We did this tour on our last day in San Diego and it was great. We had heavy of Coe in, so Tim adjusted our tour to make the most of te day! He was very informative on La Jolla, Torrey Pines and San Diego area! Our 8 year old told his class at school about the Torrey Pine trees! Gave us great ideas of where we would like to visit more I depth next time! Thanks Tim!

1 Thank WCZ
New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“BEST TOUR EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife & I went on friday afternoon tour with Tim, Great sites, Fantstic guide, combination driving & walking tour. Really worth your time while visiting San Diego Area Best way to see Lajolla. Make sure to have lunch where Tim suggests, Really good!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Bulldog64
Stillwater, MN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very Good Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were staying at the Holiday on the Bay and this was a convenient meeting place at the train station for the tour. Tim is very knowledgeable about the area. He made sure everyone was taken care of. Visited many interesting places, check his web site for the different stops, I really like Mount Soledad and the Veterans Memorial. Learned a lot about the early history of the surrounding areas of San Diego. I would recommend this tour to anyone going to San Diego.

Visited December 2011
Winchester, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Without Tim we wouldn't have visited La Jolla - a great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We live in Winchester, England but several times a year we visit our daughter who lives with her family in Colorado. When we come over we make a point of taking out to spend some time seeing other parts of the US. On this occasion we chose to visit San Diego which we thoroughly enjoyed and in our hotel we came across details of Tim's La Jolla tour. We took the tour and we were really pleased we did. Tim is friendly, courteous and knowledgeable and he made the tour so very interesting. We would certainly recommend any visitor to San Diego to take Tim's tour if they want to visit La Jolla.

Visited October 2011

Travellers who viewed Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim also viewed

Been to Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim? Share your experiences!