“Very good resort cuisine and service”
Review of Amaya

Amaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Amaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 5,560 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: USD 15 - USD 65
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carmel Country Road
Reviewed 13 July 2018

This attractive restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating in the Grand del Mar resort. The service is friendly and efficient. The menu has a wide variety of delicious offerings. Our Cobb salad was very good and filling. The black linguini seafood pasta was also very delicious. We will definitely go back when we return to the Grand del Mar. We did note that there were guests at the restaurant who were not staying at the resort--so, that is also an option.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I went to Amaya on Saturday, June 16. It was an excellent experience. Everything from the service, the food, and the wine were fabulous. I had been there before at the end of last year and was not pleased with my experience. The manager invited us back and this experience was so wonderful that we would definitely come back. We were greeted at the hostess stand and shown to a beautiful table. We started off with a champagne kiss cocktail. The manager realized we might want a more intimate table after the table next to us was seated with a lot of children at their table. I thought that that was very kind of the manager to notice that we might want a more private experience. She moved us to another lovely table with a view. We ordered the scallop appetizer which was so tasty and delicate. They brought out homemade rolls which were outstanding. We ordered chicken which came with pancetta and spaghetti squash. The chicken was incredibly tender and even though I myself am a very good cook; I don’t think I could make it as tasty as they did. We split a strawberry and cream dessert and it was light and airy. We asked our waiter to select our wine for us and he did not disappoint. The wine was outstanding. We had a Sauvignon Blanc that was chilled and crisp and went with the food perfectly. The whole experience was wonderful and I would love to go back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

My family went to San Diego to celebrate my little daughter's birthday. We stayed in the Fairmont and was told that Addison was closed that night for a private function. The front desk lady said Amaya was also a good choice. Our server was excellent and he deserved five stars. I had the prime NY strip and it was just ok. I also had the seafood platter. My wife shared just a couple oysters and I ate the rest. At 4:30am, I woke up and started throwing up. Within the next few hours I threw up eight times, and diarrhea. My wife had diarrhea as well. I told the front desk about this. When we checked out, the restaurant manager came to talked to me. He told me that they sold three platter the night before and other people were not sick. Basically, he was telling me that I just had bad luck, there was nothing wrong about their food. I said, "ok, thank you." I continued to have diarrhea for the next three days and our vacation was ruined.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Kelvin C
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Went to Amaya for breakfast and lunch on multiple occasions during my stay. The breakfast menu offered many classics and some popular dishes with a local twist. Service was prompt, courteous and they would think of nice little touches like serving you warm frothy milk alongside your pot of tea. A small detail that didn't go unnoticed and was much appreciated.
Lunch provided some excellent choices of pasta, sandwiches along with other heartier or light fare. There was 8 of us for lunch one day and everyone was happy with their meal experience.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to try the dinner menu but will plan to do so on my next visit.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here during our first nite in San Diego. Ordered their sea bass and salmon. All were finely done and fresh. The meal was great and service was perfect.
They also serve cocktails and desserts.

Date of visit: April 2018