1,925 results
All reviews rooftop bar petco park gaslamp quarter hardwood floors aveda products great hotel east village dog friendly hotel baseball stadium valet parking convention center bars and restaurants ball park within walking distance modern hotel valet service two blocks
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We were in town for conference, where my company put us up at the Omni. I could not afford the prices to continue our stay @ the Omni. When we moved over to the Indigo, I was not looking forward to moving to a new location, thinking the Indigo would be a downgrade from where we stayed for the convention. This was NOT the case at all! We were thrilled when we checked into the Indigo and got to our room, it was beautiful. This new trendy & super clean hotel is a must stay for San Diego travelers. It is located on quiet 9th street, a few blocks from Petco Park & a few more blocks from the hustle & busy restaurants on 5th Ave. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.. The room was sleek, sophisicated & gave us a feeling of being at home. The roof top bar with flat screen TV's and 2 large firepits, was a great place to watch the Superbowl. We ate at the restaurant one morning for a yummy breakfast. A nice 7-11 convenient store is just a block away for anything you may need. This hotel was reasonable priced & we would certainly stay here again.

Reviewed 12 February 2010

Got this for $72 on Hotwire and took it over the $85 4.5 star hotel (this was 4 stars) because of the Trip Advisor rating. This hotel is only 1 year old and everything is new, very clean, and hip. The rooms are very well designed and the King Bed was huge and great. Once you get the hotel on Hotwire for $72 then you sign up for their "Priority One" frequent traveler program for free and the hotel will upgrade you to a better room even on the day of your arrival like they did for me and gave me $10 free minibar coupons. Excellent value. This hotel was going for $200 a night on the Indigo website the same day I got it for $72 on Hotwire. San Diego is hurting economically and there should be plenty of great finds out there. Do not pay retail when Hotwire is around.

3  Thank punkleg
Reviewed 5 February 2010

If you are in downtown for clubbing then better choice is a hotel near gas lamp. We walked at least 10 minutes to get back to our hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I stayed here one night for a meeting at Horton Plaza. The room rate was less than a third of the cost of a comparable room at the Westin (the conference hotel). It was 8 or 9 blocks away – just a 10 minute walk through the busy Gas lamp district, which is loaded with great restaurants. It was also a pleasant 10 minute walk down to the conference center. The hotel is new, and clean. I was right next to the elevator, but didn’t hear it at all, so the insulation isn’t bad. My room was clean and spacious, with laminate floors (no carpet!), a flat panel TV, and a large bathroom (but no tub). The hotel apparently does accept pets, and my room definitely smelt of “dog”. There is a workout room on the ninth floor, with newish cardio equipment, free weights and a pulley strength machine. It has a great view (you can exercise in front of floor to ceiling windows), and an adjacent open terrace area. There is no pool or spa. There are 2 bars on site, but I didn’t use either one. Surprisingly there was no ‘phone book in the room – I was looking for a local grocery store, but ended up using the Rite Aid market 2 block away. The staff are friendly, and let me check in early. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 3 February 2010

Stayed three nights. Room clean and spacious. King bed extremely comfortable. Hotel was quiet. Balcony bar on 9th floor was an unexpected bonus. Daily happy hours around the firepits. Nice touch.
Easy (3 block) walk to GasLamp area.
Only negative was expensive valet parking ($32.00/ night)
Helpful and friendly staff. Can recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business