1,924 results
All reviews rooftop bar petco park gaslamp quarter hardwood floors aveda products great hotel east village dog friendly hotel baseball stadium valet parking convention center bars and restaurants ball park within walking distance modern hotel valet service two blocks
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Hotel Indigo was a great find. Excellent area, nice staff, and beautiful room. There is a bar downstairs in the lobby, and another one on a higher floor. It's dog friendly, so we saw plenty of four-legged friends there with several complimentary amenities for them as well. Close to the ball field, shopping, and several restaurants and breweries. We'll definitely stay there again when we make it back to San Diego.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Had a great stay. Was at a conference at the convention center and had absolutely no issues.

Close to convention center, next to Petco Park (San Diego Padres Baseball), and right in the middle of the very fun Gaslamp Quarter (restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, etc. The area feels very safe and very pedestrian friendly. If you plan to hang out downtown you probably don't want a rental care - and parking is very expensive.
Valet parking is $45/day. Crazy! Local lots are $15/day but don't allow for in and out during the day so can get expensive too.

Great running location. There are literally miles of running along the bay front behind the convention center. Fitness center is basic but functional and very clean. Elliptical, treadmill, basic weights (1 machine), and a bike).

About 10 minutes from the world famous San Diego Zoo. Go find out how they are saving wild species around the world (and see a few of them while you are there) - incredible organization!

Amenities are limited at the hotel but given the location I recommend you get out on the town anyway.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I booked a room just for a night for a Padres game. All I needed was a large enough room for myself, fiancé and daughter. The room was a good size, clean, comfortable and for a bonus had a great view of Petco Park. Staff was wonderful and very friendly. I would stay here again and recommend to friends or family.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

This is a great hotel in a quiet area of the city, but only a 10 minute walk to Horton Plaza from where you can pick up the sightseeing tour trolley. It's not much further to get to the nearest public transport trolley either.

All the staff are very welcoming and friendly.

I ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel. A sensible number of varied breakfast choices and a good variety of dinner options. All good value for money and healthy portion sizes.

My room was very comfortable, in the trademark "Indigo" style. The air con was pretty quiet, although my sleep was interrupted by the loud double-ckick the thermostat would emit as it turned the system on and off.

It would take over a minute for the hot water to arrive in the shower and the water pressure wasn't the strongest. It momentarily almost stopped one morning. Not sure if this is part of the hotel's publicised environmental policy though. On that point, I was surprised to see that the bar of soap I'd only used for one night had been replaced when my room was cleaned the first day. Had that happened again the next day, I would have raised this as wasteful. But I think it was a one-off, as I was able to use the same bar for my remaining three days. There was also no recycling trash can in my room. I would have expected to find one.

But overall, this is a very good hotel to which I would return again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

The location of the hotel is fantastic. The front desk staff are exceptional. They are so friendly and kind. The decor is beautiful-I love how the lobby walls open in the late evening to allow a breeze to flow through. The rooms are gorgeous and very comfortable. The atmosphere is elegant without being stuffy. I would never have known it was a pet friendly hotel because there was no odor from "accidents" and no stains anywhere. In fact, they are thoughtful of their service to dogs; there are dog biscuits at the front desk to treat your pup and a doggy grass area on the roof top bar. All very nice. I am going to return, and this time I'm bringing my bulldog.
My only complaint is with the rooftop bar staff, they were excruciatingly slow, but I think one of the bartenders was in training.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

I love the headline of your review! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Hotel Indigo San Diego. The staff does an amazing job from guest services to hotel cleanliness and I am delighted that you experienced it all. I apologize for the slow service you received and will be sure to share this with our management team so that we can continue to improve.

We can't wait to meet your bulldog!!

Raul Lopez