1,925 results
All reviews rooftop bar petco park gaslamp quarter hardwood floors aveda products great hotel east village dog friendly hotel baseball stadium valet parking convention center bars and restaurants ball park within walking distance modern hotel valet service two blocks
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a cruise. The hotel is well situated in the Gaslamp Quarter and only 6 blocks from the big shopping centre. I arrived at 11am and was still suffering from a heavy cold and really needed to lie down. I was able to check in straight away thanks to the helpful and understanding staff. The room was clean and spacious and the beds really comfortable. You could buy food in their small cafe-like restaurant and the breakfast was reasonably priced. My plane didn't leave until the evening so the helpful receptionist organised a 2pm check-out and then stored my bags and organised a taxi. Every question I asked at reception was dealt with courteously. The only negative about the hotel is that they do not have any tourist information or brochures available beyond a map of the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed for three nights in January. San Diego is a great place to visit when you live in New England at this time of year. The hotel is quite nice with the room comfortable and nicely furnished. The hotel staff is excellent. The best feature of the hotel is its location. Many good restaurants are within a short walk as well as good coffee locations. I had lunch sitting outside at Cafe Chloe which I highly recommend. Overall, a very good hotel which I will re-visit in the future.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2013

To celebrate our wedding anniversary and to also get away we planned another trip to San Diego. Travelling from Los Angeles it was easy we took Amtrak which if it wasn't for bad trolley volunteer advice we would have taken the trolley to the stop only two blocks away. Oh well. We got a great rate on Hotwire after narrowing down what type of hotel it would be we got lukcy, it was the Indigo for $127 a night. Yeah, no kidding. (Rack rates on the doors were considerably higher.)

We checked in and our room was on the 6th floor. We encountered a problem with the heating system or lack there of and were switched to the 12th floor. We were issued the same room, more or less, no opening window and a littel smaller bath room but there were only 12 rooms on the floor so it was quiet.

The rooms were great, the shower is amazing, the bed was comfortable, but will have to say that the pillows were pretty bad. Overall, I would recommend staying here. The location and proximatey to Petco Stadium, restaraunts, gaslamp district, trolley stops it was excellent. It is a very nice hotel and it made our trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a north or south facing room or you have to deal with sunrise/sunset. Higher floors have less rooms per floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stay often in the Gaslamp Quarter and have been in many different hotels. My review is based on the hotel rating itself as 4 star, so that's my comparison. I got this room for 2 nights through Priceline, for $150...not bad considering it was New Year's Eve. It's an OK hotel. Not equivalent to Hyatt Grand or Westgate or even the Hilton. It's on the outskirts of the Gaslamp quarter, but still easily walkable. The only outstanding element was Courtney, one of the managers, she was wonderful and very helpful. The beds were too hard for us, both had backaches after the second night. Can't think of anything horrible about the hotel, but all in all....there's better, prettier, more fun hotels in the same price range...my advise is keep looking.

Room Tip: ask for city view otherwise you're just looking into the windows of condos next door.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear tina v,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative about your comments on Courtney. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed a few nights here while attending a conference at the San Diego Convention Centre. It is within a comfortable walking distance of the convention centre, and within a stone's throw of the Padres baseball stadium. It is also on the periphery of the Gaslamp Quarter, which is where most of the fun happens in San Diego. The hotel is modern and contemporary, but does not come with complimentary parking (there is free parking on certain parts of the street outside the hotel after certain hours). The room was spacious and modern, and more than adequate for a business stay. The bathroom was huge and clean. Overall, a great business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CY_JL_traveltheworld
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

CY_JL_traveltheworld,

Thank you for your contribution to Hotel Indigo's TripAdvisor reviews! We encourage feedback and are pleased to hear that you found our property to be the perfect fit as a business hotel. The hotel has many unique qualities that whether you are traveling on business or leisure that there is something for everyone to enjoy!