1,925 results
All reviews rooftop bar petco park gaslamp quarter hardwood floors aveda products great hotel east village dog friendly hotel baseball stadium valet parking convention center bars and restaurants ball park within walking distance modern hotel valet service two blocks
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I would not pop a lot of cash for this place, but at an average of $148/night in an expensive city its a great value in a great location.

Location: located just off the main Gaslamp district drag, it's very good for people wishing to experience the nightlife without the hassle of cabs and rental cars. It's also a short distance from the airport; I got here in 15 minutes in my rental. Parking is $36/night and that rate is pretty much standard. Petco park can be seen from the 9th floor lounge and is a few blocks away. Seaport/Midway/Ferry to Coronado is a bit longer, but if you don't mind a nice stroll down the city streets you can walk there in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Room: clean and neat. Nice flat screen TV and very large bathroom, which I like. Keurig with four options (regular coffee, decaf coffee, breakfast tea, and a decaf tea). If you want more of one of these options, just catch your maid and she will likely give you one. Mine was a sweatheart and gave me a couple regular black coffees. I have a king room and the bed is one of the more comfortable hotel beds. It's neat and clean as well. Not much by way of views in my fourth floor room and no balcony. No mini fridge but they do provide a nice ice bucket and amble coffee mugs and glasses. Only one issue I have found is that the bathroom vent links to another room and I could hear people talking and their TV. I shut the bathroom door and it was fine. It's just weird to brush your teeth and hear a gaggle of women talking. Overall I think the style of the room is excellent. AC works well and temperature is comfortable. Comfortable desk chair and sitting chair. I like the room art.

Amenities: only main drawback is no pool. They will provide a free USA today, which you can read on the 9th floor lounge/bar. The lounge/bar on the 9th floor is really nice and has a view of Petco Park. They also have a "meditation garden" on the 9th floor if you want a quieter place. Workout room is nice and clean, but lacking in terms of equipment. It's merely sufficient for a nice 30 minute treadmill. Hotel bar/restuarant food is decent, not great and not bad. Prices a little steep, but I've found that they are generally consistent with the higher priced food in the area. Drinks are poured on average and are average city prices ($8 for a double jack on the rocks.) All common areas are neat and clean, including a large lounge with ample seating. They will let you eat outside food in the lounge but not in the bar area, even if the bar is not serving food anymore.

Customer Service: I saw the review of poor customer service and was a bit worried. I did not have this problem. Valet guys are nice and prompt. Also I have a rental, so I could care less how they treat it, but they were always courteous. Front desk check in was smooth even though I booked through hotels.com. My wife decided to join me half way through my business trip and I forgot to say that there would be two people staying and they just gave me an extra key with no fuss. I received pretty good restaurant recommendations consistent with requests, e.g., fine dining versus local blends.

We don't have a problem with pets on our floor and they do not have solely pet floors. This could be a drawback, but not on my stay.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has no problems. 9th might with people entering and exiting the bar and workout rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin A
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Kabbott84,

Thank you so much for your kind words on the service that you received from the staff here at Hotel Indigo! We pride ourselves on making your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible, so we are ecstatic that you were happy with your stay. Our location near the Gaslamp as well as our proximity to Petco Park makes for easy access to downtown sites and we are glad you had the chance to see the area. It’s great to see you were happy with the room accommodations as well. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Pros:
Hotel room is big
Washroom is spacious
Breakfast is tasty

Cons:
Air conditioning on-off switch is noisy
Some pop-up wood flooring around the closet due to previous water leaking
Coffee machine not working, replace a new one after reported
Valet parking is a killer at $38 /night
My room is near a ice-making machine which is very loud
Mate did not clean washroom after we left for the day. We came back at night and see our hairs on the washroom counter and floor

Room Tip: avoid room 815 and rooms around it. There is a noisy ice making machine there
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Niceguy4321,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in San Diego. We are sorry to hear that some of the aspects of your stay at the hotel were not completely satisfying. However, we are glad to hear that you liked the room layout and were happy with the breakfast you ordered from our restaurant Table 509. If you are ever in San Diego again, we hope you’ll return for a second chance to see how your comments helped us improve!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Poor Customer service. Not accommodating. More frustrating then needed. Did not get what we booked. The most friendly accommodating staff were the valet who offered several restaurant locations and directions if needed.

People with pet allergies beware! This is a pet friendly hotel. We called ahead of time and were informed there is a floor in which pets did not stay. Upon arrival they were rude and stated no rooms or floors are pet free.

No early check-in. We got to the hotel about an hour early and the women at the front desk was rude and said "ummmm you are way too early"

We had booked two rooms with doubles in each room and were given two rooms each with a king bed and were informed we could not change rooms. This made it challenging to sleep comfortably the number of people we had. This hotel was not accommodating. Called for extra towels twice and never received them.

For baseball lovers this hotel is extremely close to Petco Park.
It is modern and clean. Nice rooftop view with a small seating area.

This is not the most horrible hotel but I have definitely experienced better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Bella 5582,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us. We appreciate you bringing our attention to the ways in which our customer service will best accommodate you, the guest, in the future and have used your comments in training with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the bar on Level 9 and appreciated with the services provided to you by the valet during your stay here with us. We hope that you will give us the chance to show you our improved customer service if you are ever in San Diego again.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

The hotel is large, clean, modern and well appointed throughout. We stayed there several days in late July - early August, selecting it on the basis of my daughter's recommendation (she lives just across from the hotel.) Its location is excellent, close to a great variety of interesting sites and attractions (including the baseball stadium), within easy walking distance to interesting downtown neighborhoods, and commencial centers. The hotel clerks and ofice staff were helpful and friendly, and there was generally good feel about the hotel. Although the hotel is pet friendly, we had no issues with barking dogs next door, as we had had during a previous hotel stay at a pet friendly place in Atlanta. We would (and will) stay there again.

Room Tip: We chose a city-view room on the 10th floor: it was quite and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo34242
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Ricardo 34242,

Thank you so much for your review of Hotel Indigo. We are so pleased that you were satisfied both in the surrounding attractions and sights around the Gaslamp District, as well as our proximity to them. We are especially pleased to find that you had friendly and helpful encounters with our staff throughout your stay. We hope to see you again next summer in San Diego!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

With the Giants playing the Padres in SD and a room with a view straight into the stadium we didn't even need a ticket. The hotel is on 9th Ave. A few blocks from 5th where all the action happens. Near enough to the convention centre if you are attending there, or for us just a really nice place to stay while in town for the 1st time over 3 days. Arriving from Boston was fine. The Airport is a few minutes by taxi and easy all the way into town.

There is a bar on level 9 with a balcony also looking over the ball park. This is vibrant with fire pits and lovely warmth in the evening. Expect to find some friendly dogs up here as the hotel is dog friendly.

5th Ave has all the bars & restaurants you need with a great bakery near 5th and Island Ave. Another great breakfast from the cafe on the corner at 10th and Island. Bagels to go or eat in. At night Searsucker bar is a must and the bar opposite who's name escapes me right now also good.

Lots to do and see with the waterfront. We hired a speed boat for a few hours and had an amazing time in the bay.

Definintely a great city to travel to and check out. Indigo a good hotel to be based from.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the ball park on level 5 or above.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

AnnaTwickenham,

Thank you for your review on the hotel and the attractions surrounding it. The staff here at Hotel Indigo are pleased to know that you’ve explored the area’s fine dining as well as our terrace bar on the 9th floor. If you are ever in downtown San Diego again, we would love to help you find new exciting eateries and attractions to accompany your stay with us!