1,938 results
All reviews rooftop bar petco park gaslamp quarter aveda products hardwood floors great hotel east village dog friendly hotel baseball stadium valet parking convention center within walking distance bars and restaurants modern hotel two blocks gas lamp higher floor
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Hotel Indigo is a really nice mid size hotel, perfectly located one block from Petco Park Stadium, two blocks from the Gas Lamp District and a 20min walk down to the water.

-Indigo has one of the best interior designs of a hotel I've seen. The furnishings and decor are all really current whilst remaining warm. The room I stayed in was impressive and generous in size considering I purchased a 21-day advance pre-pay rate. It felt like a home rather than a hotel. It definitely had a "wow" factor AND whats even better is that it was "wow" and functional (as opposed to the Andaz's fabulous but ridiculous in-room showers).

- The hotel is extremely well equipped, with a gym, a fabulous rooftop bar, a modest gym and even a meditation balcony. The downstairs cafe is reasonably priced and the staff were lovely.

- You need a cab to get to other attractions like San Diego Zoo (was $12) and the Hillcrest District (was $16).

A few minor things to be aware of (and this is nitpicking):

(1) the rooms have no fridge. You're reliant on the old-school ice bucket. Very odd for such a nice hotel.

(2) no face washers supplied. Just you and the soap!

(3) in any hotel, not everyone gets a view of course, but one half of level 2 rooms stare straight onto a concrete roof with air vents. A hotel of this calibre could probably put in some simple greenery / hedging to mask this. The room is just so nice, it's a shame to open the blind and see a concrete abyss.

(4) the air con is great but it only temporarily let's you lower the temperature from the preset 72 degrees F which I found a bit hot.

These are all minor matters and I would definitely stay a Indigo again.

Room tip: Go for rooms in level 3 and above otherwise you'll be staring at a concrete roof
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay! Your compliments of our modern décor throughout the lobby & guest rooms are greatly appreciated. We strive to have our hotel be a home away from home with the spacious style of the rooms, as well as amenities like our spa showers, Aveda bath products, & Keuring coffee maker lend to that idea. Our Level 9 terrace bar is a beautiful place to grab a drink while taking in a Padres game or to relax by the fire pits. We look forward to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I love Hotel Indigo. The staff and the enviornment are welcoming, friendly and upscale. I held a party here on the level 9 deck and we all had a great time. The food was excellent too! I would definitely recommend this place. I also had the pleasure of staying here and put my sister and neice up here when they were in town and we all had a great experience.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review! It’s great to see you not only stayed with us but held an event as well & it sounds like both were very successful. Our Table 509 restaurant uses local ingredients in all the menu items & we’re glad you enjoyed the dishes you tried. We look forward to another opportunity serve you for either an event or to stay!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

First of all this was my first stay at a Hotel Indigo and it will not be my last. The staff at Hotel Indigo were EXCEPTIONAL - Darren, Melissa and Sergio - thank you. I can't say enough about this hotel - the location, service, the views... A must is to visit the 9th Floor Lounge - beautiful views of the city during the day and night. If you're a sports fan - Petco Park is 2 blocks away and you could watch the game from the Lounge area! I had drinks and appetizers in the Bar in the eve and they had a great selection. The room was incredible. I did not mind the valet cost for the car because I was not in/out much. It's in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter - I would definitely stay at this gem again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

salseradanzcat,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review! Thank you for your warm compliments of our staff as well. We know Darren, Melissa, & Sergio will be thrilled to see them. Our Level 9 terrace bar is a beautiful place to grab a drink or even watch a Padres baseball game & we are happy to see you had an enjoyable experience up there. Come back to see us during your next visit to the city!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend and loved it. Easy to get to, a quick $15-20 cab ride from the airport. Very spacious room, comfortable bed, clean and attractive spaces throughout the hotel. Breakfast at the restaurant was surprisingly good, especially the chorizo burrito and the banana bread french toast! Walk to the convention center and throughout the Gaslamp, easy to catch a bus on Broadway to go to the Zoo or catch the trolley at Park and Market to get to Old Town. Staff were very good, giving directions, arranging cabs and Stephanie our waitress at breakfast was especially nice!
Overall a wonderful stay, we would definitely book this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

CanadianDoll,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay! We’re happy you were able to try Table 509 for breakfast in the morning. The chorizo breakfast burrito is a favorite among our staff as well. Being located in the Gaslamp District gives guests an easy home base, as you so aptly put it, to use while seeing the attractions of the city. We hope to see you again during your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Just spent 5 nights at the Indigo Gaslamp Hotel. Loved the location, easy walking distance to great restaurants and beautiful waterfront parks. Rooms were clean and bright and nicely laid out.
9th floor lounge was terrific place to entertain friends in evening or catch a few rays in the quiet during the day. Ellen and Darren at the front desk were especially helpful. Love to see a place that is pet friendly and has free wi-fi. I will be happy to return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

SkidawayBaby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It’s great to see our staff had such a positive impression on your stay & will make sure to pass your compliments along to Darren & Ellen. Our easy walking distance from the Gaslamp District makes it convenient for guests to see all of the things downtown has to offer. We will be happy to see you return as well!