“not as pictured on the internet”

Parc Suites San Diego
Ranked #10 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2015

The suite that we were given did not come close to the internet photos of granite countertop ,, modern kitchen and bath. the suite was old but very clean and adequate the bed was comfortable and was OK for cooking relatively close to public transportation and grocery stores management were friendly . had 17 steps to the suite. Worked-out OK but was disappointed in the lack of modernization compared to internet photos. Guess you can't believe everything on the internet its not my first such disappointment

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank arnoldmeeds
parcsuites, Owner at Parc Suites San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Parc Suites San Diego Suites are exactly as pictured on the internet. Mr and Mrs. Arnold called in to reserve a Luxury, One Bedroom Suite. Amenities include but not are not limited to, granite or quartz counter tops, stainless steel appliances and hardwood floors. We informed the guests that for their extended stay all Luxury One Bedroom Suites had been rented. Staff informed guests that an alternative, more affordable, Standard One Bedroom Suite was available.

All 7 of our suite classes are accurately portrayed on our website. One of Parc Suites greatest selling attributes is that we have a suite for nearly everyone's budget and comfort level. Parc Suites San Diego prides itself on being an honest, value oriented, family owned establishment. We respect our guests and provide them with exact suite that fits their budget and comfort needs.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

I am writing another review for these folks, just because I wanted to emphasize a few words:

Those are three words I would use to describe how my stays have been at Parc Suites over the last 4 years—and I generally stay 2-3 times a year.

With Parc Suites, you just need to know what you're looking for. If you want apartment style living (with a kitchen to cook in), a neighborhood feel (as opposed to a more hotel/commercialized one), a location 10 minutes walk to the heart of the city, and personalized attention, then come here.

While many of my visits have been solo "working vacations," a handful of them have also been with my lady, and we've both enjoyed it a lot.

They have always been consistent with the level of service, treated it with a level of excellence equaling the best hotels, and also been responsive to make any necessary accommodations, when things may have not been so "perfect," an inevitability I am sure you've ALL had from time to time.

I highly recommend them to you, assuming you're looking for an experience that has the above qualities.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 11 March 2015

We stayed here for a week during our first trip to San Diego. Kelly, with so much energy and passion for the City, was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. She responded very quickly to emails, requests and accommodated our late arrival due to bad weather. She provided us with a map and recommended various hikes, restaurants, entertainment, etc. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the second floor. Several pantry necessities were available which made cooking more enjoyable. Plenty of pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups - everything for preparing light meals. Coffee on the private balcony was quaint. A view of the Coronado bridge from the living room provided a nice backdrop. The comfortable bed, plenty of beach towels available, fast wifi and secured parking made our stay enjoyable. Several reviewers mentioned that outside noise was loud which it could be, especially if you keep the windows open. We used a white noise phone app to drown it out and never had an issue. Going from the house to the Gaslamp Quarter, you will encounter homeless people as there are several shelters/missions in the area, particularly on Island and Market Streets. If you feel uncomfortable walking this route, go up to Broadway and take that to the Quarter.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, download a white noise app to ensure a restful sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank digger13
Reviewed 10 December 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Parc Suites San Diego a lot and I highly recommend anyone who visits San Diego to stay in as well... You feel like in your own home... The suites are quiet, comfy and well furnished... Everything you need for cooking or cleaning is available... WiFi is free... Bus and Trolley stations are few minutes walking from it... Interesting places of the town are also few minutes far from it... Kelly is so nice and helpful... Definitely, I'll stay in it again when I come back to San Diego... Eman from Egypt

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Eman A
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I did not have a car, but the transit system is excellent and easy to use, Parc Suites is close to bus and Trolley stops. The decor and the amenities are excellent. Everything I needed to cook for myself. Kelly is great and showed me some of the highlights of San Diego. The Suites are centrally located and in a fairly quiet neighbourhood. There are benches and chairs around the property to enjoy sitting outside. If I come back to San Diego I would definitely stay again and will recommend it to anyone I know who is travelling to San Diego.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo