“Clean and comfortable accomodations”

Parc Suites San Diego
Ranked #9 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2015

We stayed here for a week during our first trip to San Diego. Kelly, with so much energy and passion for the City, was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. She responded very quickly to emails, requests and accommodated our late arrival due to bad weather. She provided us with a map and recommended various hikes, restaurants, entertainment, etc. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the second floor. Several pantry necessities were available which made cooking more enjoyable. Plenty of pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups - everything for preparing light meals. Coffee on the private balcony was quaint. A view of the Coronado bridge from the living room provided a nice backdrop. The comfortable bed, plenty of beach towels available, fast wifi and secured parking made our stay enjoyable. Several reviewers mentioned that outside noise was loud which it could be, especially if you keep the windows open. We used a white noise phone app to drown it out and never had an issue. Going from the house to the Gaslamp Quarter, you will encounter homeless people as there are several shelters/missions in the area, particularly on Island and Market Streets. If you feel uncomfortable walking this route, go up to Broadway and take that to the Quarter.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, download a white noise app to ensure a restful sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank digger13

Reviewed 10 December 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Parc Suites San Diego a lot and I highly recommend anyone who visits San Diego to stay in as well... You feel like in your own home... The suites are quiet, comfy and well furnished... Everything you need for cooking or cleaning is available... WiFi is free... Bus and Trolley stations are few minutes walking from it... Interesting places of the town are also few minutes far from it... Kelly is so nice and helpful... Definitely, I'll stay in it again when I come back to San Diego... Eman from Egypt

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Eman A
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I did not have a car, but the transit system is excellent and easy to use, Parc Suites is close to bus and Trolley stops. The decor and the amenities are excellent. Everything I needed to cook for myself. Kelly is great and showed me some of the highlights of San Diego. The Suites are centrally located and in a fairly quiet neighbourhood. There are benches and chairs around the property to enjoy sitting outside. If I come back to San Diego I would definitely stay again and will recommend it to anyone I know who is travelling to San Diego.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2014

The appeal was a week stay in a quiet, clean, and accessible setting. It lived up to this fully. The charm of the away from town place with a kitchen and reduced city stimulation worked for my purposes after a day of meetings and a need for rest. I was on foot. Which proved to be a workable challenge. My meeting was on the waterfront, 2 1/2 miles away. From the apartment the timing of walking was 25 to 30 minutes. The tram (a few blocks away) took 35 to 45 minutes due to the wait and walks from station to meeting. The walk should really be done in the daylight. It traverses the community of homes all of which require security gating and street isolation because the highway (I-5 overpass) and the adjacent areas have a mixture of warehouses and homeless persons scattered along the way. There were no negative encounters yet it is sketchy. I took the tram when returning later at night. The walk was good exercise yet far enough to favor looking closer in towards the downtown region when I return. The staff (Kelley) proved helpful and open as an advocate for enjoying the San Diego area.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2014

I love staying at Parc Suites when I’m in San Diego.

Each unit is a little different, but from what I’ve seen they are freshly remodeled, impeccably clean, with new appliances and a fairly modern style. There’s wifi, cable, and everything you need to cook and clean with.

Location: it’s about a 10 minute walk from the heart of downtown (Gaslamp District), 10 minute drive to the airport, 5 minutes drive to Balboa Park (museums, zoo, golf, tennis etc)… and it’s located in a quiet family neighborhood. If you walk downtown, you will cross a bridge where you may occasionally see a homeless person. If you just don’t want to deal with that, you can drive and park downtown for around $10.

I would absolutely stay here again. I don’t typically leave reviews but in this case I’d feel bad not doing so… even though part of me wants to keep this a secret so it’s not overbooked… Kelly & staff have gone above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo