Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 172
USD 145
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 183/night.

USD 234
USD 207
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 300/night.

Hilton Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 211
USD 182
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 309/night.

USD 166
USD 152
USD 176
USD 152
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 174/night.

USD 251
USD 238
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 292/night.

Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 123
USD 100
Agoda.com
USD 333
USD 312
Official Site
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 295
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 483/night.

USD 179
USD 157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsping ponggiant chess setold townweekday eveningfacing the courtyardhot tubnice and clean hotelfront deskcomfortable furniturecorner suiteparking spaces areminute drive to downtownevening receptionmission bay parkfull kitchenmon thursfree breakfast
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The pros: New hotel, spacious rooms, very nice lobby and central courtyard. Free breakfast and light dinner.

The cons: Poor check-in procedures (read for more), tiny parking spaces, my room had no cell phone reception, management with little forethought.

I had a reservation for a premium king 1 bedroom suite that was supposed to have snacks in it and I checked in around 4:30 or so. I had a newer employee checking me in at the Hilton Honors check-in who obviously found an issue. I think I am supposed to get water as well, but that didn't happen either. Sent me up to the 5th floor where I was given a king room (not a 1 bedroom at all). I called down to express my displeasure and they went looking to fix the issue. I was told they had a lot of people who extended their stays so the room choices were limited. And yet, I had a reservation for that night- these other people did not. I was then given a 1 bedroom room on the first floor facing the courtyard. No snacks and not the "premium" room I had reserved. They did reverse the parking fee (which at $20+/night seems way too much for that area of town). Still not the room I reserved and there was nothing really done to make it right. My room seemed to have a drain pipe that was not insulated as it was very loud when the floor above me flushed. Also sounded like the ice machine may have been right above me. They have a suite assurance guarantee which I plan on following up on and I tried to get information about that from the front desk and they just gave me the Hilton Honors phone number. Again, no real care to make things right when they had the chance.

The building was quite nice, though the parking spaces are tiny. It's a decent location if you have a car, but don't expect to walk to anything from there. I am curious to see what response I get from Hilton.

Room Tip: Don't get the first floor. Ask for a room that faces out toward the freeway or the hill.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Joshlujan, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Hotel Circle/Sea World Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your experience. I understand that your arrival experience was unfavorable, more importantly that the resolve to your concerns did not happen. Please accept my sincere apologies.

The hotel management would really appreciate the chance to discuss your continued concerns through your stay, as some of the events appear to be newly shared. It is our intention to make things right with your stay. Hoping to hear back soon and thank you for your time and efforts.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Enough is enough I'm tired of pointing out small things that appear to be overlooked and justify this price point. Terrible free breakfast , so many people couldn't even get a cup of coffee. Great concept poorly executed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback, I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us, most importantly for sharing your thoughts and opinions regarding your stay. I understand that your breakfast experience was unfavorable, I truly apologize for missing the mark. While the hotel is continuously working to improve the overall breakfast experience and the challenge of managing large volumes of guests at one time, I’d like you to know that your concerns are heard and the management team is working towards quick improvements with proper staffing, equipment improvements and quality of food & beverage.

Our hope is that you will allow us another chance to provide a great experience, that is more representative of a fantastic Homewood Suites stay. Please reach out if I can help assist with any further questions or address additional details. Thank you for your time and efforts in reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Three perfect days in San Diego. I know “Three Perfect Days” is the heading for one of the travel columns in the Hemispheres Magazine, but I will use it in my review anyway.

So this review starts the day before arrival. I thought I would call ahead to find out if the hotel could store my soon to be two year old daughter’s birthday cake, and the nice and professional young lady, who I would find out later to be Bernice said no problem, since our plan was to arrive on Friday Morning and go to Sea World, then come back to the hotel for Birthday Cake.

We arrived around 9:45 AM and Julio was the nice young man at the front desk who was anticipating our arrival with the cake. I was amazed. In my many years of business travel it was more like “what” this or that. So we dropped off the cake and our bags and Julio was very quick about getting it done as there is no Bellman at this hotel brand.

We arrived back at the hotel around 8PM and we were given a very friendly greeting by Bernice who knew we had a cake stored in the fridge since she remembered speaking to me the night before. Daisy was also at the Front desk and helped Bernice bring our bags and the very important cake out. If we arrived and checked in later we would have been able to store the cake in the standard size fridge in the kitchenette that was in our studio suite. Even though the kitchenette is stocked with plates and utensils we used the pink paper plates that we brought along for the occasion.

The next morning we got a late start since we were heading to the New Children's Museum just 15 minutes away in downtown San Diego and before we left guest services dropped off an awesome gift box for our birthday girl. I was wrapped in and had treats, a bottle of juice, a bottle of water, a book, and a coloring book with the a card and a number two. Our daughter was so excited to see the books as she is going through that book obsession stage right now. We found out later that Bernice put it together. When we came back to the hotel that night we had more cake and a couple of treats from the awesome gift box.

On Sunday morning we were sad to leave but our daughter got a couple of easter eggs from Daisy and Bianca who were very helpful in finding a last minute Easter Egg hunt. Our daughter wanted one last time in the pool so we were able to check out an hour late with no problem.

The one thing that we encounter in a lot of hotels are the pop-up bassinets and the choice of bedding they come with, so we always bring an extra sheet and use a blanket under it for a mattress. I understand the cost and the storage of full cribs but it is always nice to have versus a pop-up bassinet.
Everything else was great! The large room, the king bed was great, the couch was perfect for staging all of our daughter’s clothes and things, and the table in the kitchen with the bar chairs were a deterrent for her not to escape and run around. The location is great to, just minutes away from all of the attractions, like seaworld, the zoo, and downtown. Mainly we were impressed with the level of service we received from the the front desk staff. In all my years of business and vacation travel staying in all sorts of hotels and resorts I can’t remember ever anyone going out of their way to make our stay perfect. I think we will make the Homewood Suite our hotel for our annual trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Decent breakfasts and the rooms are super quiet. It's a very nice and clean hotel They have nice room and easily accommodate families. Hide a bed and bedding included. It was perfect for our stay. The use of the BBQ's are a nice treat.

Room Tip: Get ready for daily parking fee.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I really don't want to leave this review because I don't want this place crowded but since we don't plan to be in San Diego that often, I will. This is a wonderful hotel in a great location. The staff is friendly and the service is excellent! Great options for breakfast and M-Th evening social. Rooms have high ceilings which is very nice. All rooms updated and quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton