Humphreys Half Moon Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Point Loma(San Diego)
Dolphin Motel(San Diego)
1,724 results
All reviewsshelter islandconcert venueputting greentropical feeltropical paradisekoi pondjunior suitepool areagarden viewping pongpoint lomahot tubresort feehotel groundsfull kitchensan diego baybike rentals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Location was great. Room was good. Mattress was very bad.

1  Thank woody_43925
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is my first trip to the area, I was here for business, had to work in Tijuana. Had two days to myself before work began. Resort is beautiful. Pool is beautiful and is open all night but not at all noisey. The room is all that you need. King bed, big flat screen, frige, microwave, and great water pressure...even in the morning, very clean, very nice. I had a room looking over the pool. There is a patio outside of the room surrounded by shrubs so I had a sense of privcacy inspite of the pool. The Inn is 15 minutes from the Zoo, Sea World, Downtown, LaJolla, the ocean and great shopping. Also, I was just a 30 minute drive, without traffic, to the Otay border crossing. Park for ten dollars a day, someone from work picked me up and two seconds to cross sthe border into Mexico. Coming home at the end of the day was a bit different. I was dropped at the border gate, three nights no line to cross, over in two minutes and then a two block walk to my car. The other two nignts there was a very long line waiting to cross. Thirty minutes in line with my Kindle wasn't bad at all. Many people but it moves really fast. So, what I'm saying is this is a vacation resort but the most relaxing and enjoyable place for a business traveler. The Humphreys Half Moon restaurant is fabulous and withing walking distance are sever other equally GREAT places of reasonable price. Downtown is a great place to go, the Gaslamp area, Little Italy...terrific restaurants but a bit pricey for the business traveler. The staff? Never saw them. I left my room in the morning and when I came back everything was in place. I never locked up a thing of mine and nothing was touched or disturbed. Never asked for room service but did ask for extra hangers and pillows...no problem. Can't wait to get back. I've already told my friends. This place is just wonderful. Thank you Humphreys Half Moon Inn.

Room Tip: No elevators, stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank solotravelergir2012l
Reviewed 15 February 2012

What a place!! Checked in after a very long & stressfull journey from UK,so happy with the room,remodelled overlooking the disabled part of the carpark so nice & quiet. The views over Downtown SD are amazing. Room was large ,clean,comfortable,with everything we could need,fridge,microwave,iron & board etc etc.
The grounds are beautiful,its like your in Hawaii or somewhere equally exotic,parrots,Koi,ducks,all so tropical.
Free shuttle to & from the airport.
10 minite walk to the bus stop for the 28 bus to old town interchange,from there you can get buses or the trolley to everywhere in SD. Wonderful restaraunts & bars in point Loma,10 mins from Humphreys.
We wern't keen on the bar in Humphreys,slow service & not a good choice of lagers,also live music on every night but it wasn't to our taste,not a problem for us though.
Breakfast was quite expensive,so didn't partake. Also the pool bar never seemed to be open which was a shame,these were the only negatives I could find,we fell in love with Humphreys,it was so nice to come back to after a day sightseeing,so glad we didn't stay at an impersonal hotel in Downtown,or a dodgy motel in the oldtown.
If ever we are lucky enough to come back to San Diego (because its the best city EVER!!) then we will DEFINATELY stay at Humphreys.
DO NOT HESITATE to book here

2  Thank signituregal
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The rooms at this hotel are nice, with beautiful views, however the service provided is not worth the view. I stayed here for my wedding (along with MANY other guests) where I got the largest suite possible to get ready in on my wedding day. We left the room in a whirlwind, and we came back 7 hours later to the same mess in the room! We had to call to have maid service once we got back, when housekeeping came the lady pilled up a stack of clean towels on the counter and left. She did not take away the dirty towels, take out the trash or make the bed. We then had to call back AGAIN just to have someone clean up for us, meanwhile a friend had to clean the whole kitchen for us because she would not.

Then a large group of us (30 people) tried to go to the restaurant/bar on the property to continue celebrating our wedding, however upon arrival the manager was VERY RUDE to one of my guest, speaking to her in a way no one in the customer service industry ever should (And I would know because I have been in the industry for some time). When I tried to speak to her, she was VERY Rude to me as well. I was later told other guests from my wedding tried to make their way to the restaurant/bar and had terribly rude service as well. Basically that night they lost over 40 people's revenue they could have had!

I tried speaking to a manager of the hotel that evening (yes, still in my wedding dress!) who did nothing besides look at me like I was an idiot.

And to cap it all off, the morning after the wedding, when we are checking out the maid comes bright and early at 9 am to clean! HAH!

I would never stay here again.

4  Thank travelergirl08
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Humphreys very much. Was exactly what we needed... Landscaping is fantastic, great for family photos, saw the parrots this time and the giant koi. Being midwinter, it was very peaceful and quiet (no concerts at this time), and we loved that our room had a patio facing the marina. Great view to enjoy your morning coffee by. Staff were also very accomodating to change our room to ground level (we had a stroller) and to put grandparents in the neighboring room! Heated pool open to 11pm was nice way to end the day too. We also didn't have a car which was one primary reason we stayed here, it's close to Bus 28 stop (5 min walk) and has free airport shuttle. Room was nicely updated with microwave and coffee machine, bathroom had no tub but nice modern sink and decent shower. No free breakfast or parking, but this wasn't an issue for us (no car), also you can get coffee and pastries a few blocks away. Nice restaurants nearby, too, for dinner - Brigantine, Pomodoro, Irish pub etc. Airport shuttle was quick and fast. We had stayed at neighboring hotels on Shelter Island before & they also have their pluses, but for this trip Humphreys met our needs perfectly.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor have high ceilings but smaller windows if there is no balcony - so we preferred having a patio.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family