“One among the best hostels”

USA Hostels Ocean Beach
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very neat, well maintained hostel located few blocks from the beaches and surrounded by bars and restaurants. They arrange trips and parties throughout the week which is great. Very nice staffs too. I’m going again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my 2nd time staying at this hostel on Ocean Beach. The location is ubeatable, staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. I would reccomend to anyone. I will be back for sure.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the ocean beach hostel. It is very clean and there is lots of things to do.
The beach is literally in front of the door and you can rent surfboard, bikes and what ever you need.
On Wednesdays there is a famers market right in front of the hostel with live music and lots of great food.
In the evening there is an activity that you can join like beer pong or a game night. It is a really great hostel.
The only thing that isn't good/ as expected is the shuttle: it only goes every other day and only at 9.30 am.
So if you want to go on a non shuttle day to LA Jolla or the sea world you should take an Uber. And for the airport if it doesn't by luck fit for your flight it's the same thing. But it's pretty cheap so not a big deal. Just be aware of it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2017

My time at Ocean Beach hostel was better than I ever could have hoped for. I actually cancelled the next hostel I was supposed to go to in order to stay here longer. Though I was traveling solo, I never felt alone. I met so many amazing people--hostel staff and other guests--which made my time incredibly fun but also made me feel safe/secure knowing that there were people looking out for me. The hostel itself was clean and comfortable. The outside lounge area was the best!--some of my favorite times were just hanging out with people there. It was close to everything you could need/want: the beach, bars/restaurants, grocery store/liquor store. Even after 7 nights, I still didn't want to leave! Definitely will be recommending this place to everyone...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2017

This hostel in Ocean Beach is by far one of my best hostel experiences. Clean and modern rooms and facilities. Friendly and helpful service. Transportation to nearby attractions. Breakfast is included, too. Would recommend if looking for an affordable stay outside of downtown San Diego, plus you are just a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo