1,420 results
All reviews house of blues wine hour gaslamp district rain shower complimentary wine hardwood floors the gas lamp district rooftop pool homeless people each evening valet parking night life bars and restaurants valet service king suite high floor street noise
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Everything and staff was wonderful especially Michael he was a delight each time I encountered him! Room 1101 super nice and roomy! Easy to get to nice lobby and pool. Pet friendly! This was one of the most pleasant stays I have had. Maybe coffee machines and fridges in each room always a plus.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jane F
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hi Jane F

Thank you! What an awesome way to start our day and we're thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay.

So nice of you to take the time to share your feedback and to recognize Michael and I've happily shared your notes with him. We hope this means you will be back to see us in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Room 702

First off, I want to say that I love boutique hotels. They are usually smaller and offer a lot of personal features that you wouldn't find at a big hotel.

We were staying at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego for a conference. My Husband was busy with his conference during the day. I believe the conference area was nice and fit the need for the group.

I loved the fact that the hotel lobby offered a wine bar starting at 5:00 pm. For me, after a long day of sight seeing, it was awesome to be greeted by a "Free" glass of wine (or two).

The room was nice and ample for the two of us.

Here are my Comments/Complaints/Positives:

The staff at the pool were nice and also at the wine bar. I'd give them am A+.

1. Shower: It is a rainfall shower head - never felt completely soap free. Also, there is no door to the shower. We felt like we flooded the bathroom after showering. I really did like the soaps that were available for the shower. I could not shave my legs (for a woman) in that shower. It was awkward. I'd give the bathroom an "F". It was beautiful, but not usefully for us.

2. Bathroom: No private door to the bathroom - it is a glass sliding door. Sorry - no privacy. I'd give the bathroom an "F".

3. Drawers - there are two drawers in the closet for you to put your clothes. That really isn't much for two people. I'd give storage an "D-". We had to remove all the items from the minibar to put our water in. I'm not completely sure if we were charged $25 for doing that, but I wasn't about to use anything from the mini bar - but I wanted water and diet coke, that we bought, cooled for our use.

4. View - We looked at an ugly building - not much to look at. I'd give the view an "F".

5. Housekeeping - our room wasn't visited until at least 4:00 pm PST. Not sure how I felt about that, when I was in the room trying to get ready for events for the evening. That sort of seemed late. I'd give the hotel a "C" for room readiness. Nothing great about that. There were old glasses that we used that were never replaced.

6. I loved the coffee available in the mornings. That was nice (I had to give my husband some time to get ready in the morning). I'd go get coffee and scan the newspapers. The lobby had a nice selection of papers to chose from. I'd give the hotel an A+ for coffee and newspapers in the morning. The Gym was also nice in the mornings: A+.

7. I loved the location. So central to the downtown area. We could walk to the convention center in less than 20 minutes or over to the water area in 30 minutes. Lots to do and see. Very nice and also the ball park for the Padres is less than 20 minutes from the hotel. Very close and so easy to walk home after a game. I'd give the hotel at A++ for location. So many wonderful restaurants! It was a great location.

Room tip: Great Location, but it is a boutique hotel. Very unique rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mtmillett
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hello Mtmillet

Thanks for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and hearing what worked great as well as suggestions about areas where we can do even better. I'm glad to hear our location worked well for you. We appreciate being steps away from the Gaslamp area and all that the local area has to offer.

We've reviewed your billing information and do not see any charges related to the mini-bar and a fee for removal of the contents. If you have any questions and your statement reflects any differently, please don't hesitate to reach out via patty.fletcher@hotelpalomar.com and we'll be happy to assist.

We appreciate you and your husband visiting Palomar San Diego and we hope your future travels bring you to more of our Kimpton hotels.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

My first stay at a Kimpton property. All in all, I was impressed with the staff. They were a pleasure.

Wine in the evenings and a dog friendly place to rest your head is great. However, for the price tag, one would like to know that the AC is in working order, especially on one of the hottest days in San Diego.

The room was nice and comfortable, but the AC didn't work. Needless to say trying to get a restful night in was difficult.

All in all, I'd give the aesthetic and staff 4 stars. It's convenient, in a good location and memorable. I'd like to give them another try if I'm in town.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hello Austin S,

Thank you for the great shout out about our team! We appreciate you taking the time to recognize the service they provided.

It sounds like the recent heat snap and the A/C not keeping up, made for a less than comfortable night of sleep. Please feel free to email our office via patty.fletcher@hotelpalomar.com as we would like to address this in more detail.

We'll await your email and hope we have the opportunity to chat further with you.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I have visited this hotel for 5 days and I actually expected it to be a lot better for a four star hotel. I felt like the pool outside was too small and service was not too fast there, but service was extremely friendly! Room was a little bit quite old looking for a 4 star hotel as well. I expected everything to be better...

1  Thank F6003BAannas

Hello Anna S,

We love hearing that you stayed with us for 5-days and appreciate the comments about the friendly service you received. On another note, we are disappointed to hear that we let you down in any way.

I'd be happy to discuss your stay in more detail and if you have time to drop us a line so we have your contact information and can respond, please do so via patty.fletcher@hotelpalomar.com.

Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about your experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Many good hotel rooms are still just nice places to sleep. Occasionally, you stay in a room that is actually a nice place to be - in which you want to linger. The skyline corner studio I had here was just such a room: lots of space, more windows than I could count, a large private balcony, and a sensible yet non-cookie cutter layout that felt like staying in a fantastically rich friend's guest room, as opposed to a downtown hotel. The staff are friendly and the hotel really tries to take care of whatever you may need. With the high floor and balcony, there are great views and private outdoor space - and this really stands out - because it is available in a number of rooms, not just in the top level super-expensive suites. There is also a yummy upscale Mexican restaurant in the hotel, and a pleasant mid-rise roof deck pool for dips. Was here for a small group meeting, and the meeting rooms and food were excellent.

Room tip: Skyline balcony room is HIGHLY recommended. FYI Skyline rooms are like a hotel within a hotel in terms of the finishes, views, and lobbies
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Mindwanderer
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hello Mindwanderer,

What a great way to start off our week! We're thrilled that you loved the guest room and enjoyed your stay. This is music to our ears and we so appreciate you taking the time to share your fabulous comments.

We hope your travels bring you back to visit us again soon!

Again, thank you for the great feedback.