“My favorite spot to go to for Mexican food in San Diego”
Review of Lolita's

Ranked #760 of 5,097 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Came here on June 1st, 2017 around 13:30 (1:30pm) with 2 of my friends. This is still my favorite spot to go to for Mexican food especially carne asada fries. Now, I know $10 is a bit higher than some places (one place I went was $1 cheaper), but it is literally the best carne asada fries I had. So here are my reasons why I like it.
1. The fries are not only fresh, but very crunchy. If you had fast food, I would say that it crunchy like McDonald's/Jack in the Box french fries over In N Out or Carls Jr. The carne asada is soft and not dry. The guacamole is fresh. Overall, it is my favorite spot to have carne asada fries.
2. They used to have you pick up the order whether you dine in or take it on the go. This time they bring it to your table if you dine in. I thought it was good service.
3. The salsa they have there is very good. I have not tried it this time, but I can tell you that in the past I would drink about 3-5 cups of salsa because I liked the taste of it.
4. The inside is large, I never had any problems finding a seat and there are additional seats outside, which I rarely see people use.
5. They have Wi-fi. Maybe it is something new to me, but this is the first Mexican restaurant that I have used the wifi.
6. The people who work here are friendly especially the ponytail male worker (I think on the receipt his name shows as Don Julio so we will call him that). He is my favorite worker there and I always want him to take my order (this time I did not get lucky). He will always treat you like a friend. His trademark conversation goes something like this:
Don: "Hello, my friend. What can I get for you?"
Me: Carne asada fries please
Don: "Okay, my friend. Anything else?"
Me: That is it.
Don: The total is $10.76. (Smiles and flips a coin off his drawer)
Me: (giggles) thank you.
Don: Thank you my friend. (never stops smiling)
He is still there as of yesterday, but to me he's like the face of the store. I feel like he owns the store. He is very enthusiastic and enjoys his job. I never saw him getting frustrated with anyone. Anyways...the point is he is the man to go if you want to go to this store for ordering because he remembers returning customers. Also, I never had that kind of service at any other Mexican restaurants yet.
7. The place is clean, workers are very attentive, and I feel that this stands out from all the other Mexican restaurants I visited so far.
Overall, this place is great. You can see why I like it so much. This is why I give them 5 stars and it is one of my favorite spots to visit whenever I have a craving for Mexican food.
NOTE: Parking is hard to find within their vicinity. You might have to park a little farther than usual. Also, people here do not know how to park and the parking space is not that wide.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Visited on a Sunday evening around 5:30pm. We beat the crowd, because the line to order grew after we got to the counter. Ordered the California Burrito and quesadilla kids meal. The food was hot and fresh. Regarding customer service, probably better to go there when it's not so busy. We had to ask for all our plastic utensils, plates, etc. and the horchata machine was only water. But the food, as it arrived fresh and hot, was excellent.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

I'm always wary about ordering carnitas at a new place, it's a roll of the dice, most are fatty and greasy as a result. Lolita's nails it! crispy outside, but still tender.Only $5.50 too.Great guacamole too! The beverage bar is a nice touch, I finally tried Horchaca, when I typically order tamarindo or Jamicia at drive thru windows. only 2 salsas but both good. I like the radishes but would like some carrots too! It was drizzling but I sat at the one table set up on the huge patio because I was walking my dogs. Can't wait to go when it's nice out!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

When on the way to San Diego, or simply enjoying all the breweries around that area - this is our go to for a lunch or dinner stop. 1 order of carne asada fries is more than enough for two people. So good...now I want some!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Had a good lunch here, not the kind of place you'd drive miles to get to but fairly a fairly standard fast food joint.