All reviews hotel shares front desk valet parking hot options train tracks social hour walking distance maritime museum evening reception living room full kitchen the breakfast area valet service included breakfast nice size close to the airport a great stay
Reviewed 7 August 2018

What a nice hotel: clean, bright and great location - Little Italy is directly behind property and easily walkable. The complimentary social at night was so nice. It was great to get some food and a beer- while enjoying the patio area. Don't hesitate to book here!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Our family just returned from our stay and we just loved it! It was clean, the room was the perfect size and layout to meet our needs and we LOVED having the kitchen during our stay (young kids eat all day long!) We stayed for 5 days and literally every time we saw a staff member, they greeted us and smiled and made us feel very :at home.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I made a reservation 6 months before my stay using a dollars and points rate (I am a fairly loyal Hilton Honors member, but I did not have sufficient points for doing a 4 night, all points stay). I discovered days before my arrival that the Hotel had overcharged by deposit by more than $2000 (probably based off of a dollars only rate). When I arrived, I brought this up with the hotel desk clerk who went to talk with the

Reviewed 15 July 2018

They put us in a room next to train track. I had called ahead before the reservation and was promised a room facing the court yard and without noise issue. After checking in, we immediately talked to the shift manager, and informed her our issue. She didn't care and never moved us.

1  Thank G W
Khalat T, General Manager at Homewood Suites San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello Mr Gino,

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. It is our intention to ensure every guest is satisfied with the room they are placed in. On extremely busy weekends over the summer in San Diego, our options become limited as every room is occupied. I do apologize on behalf of the shift manager if you felt she did not care - I can assure you that was not the intention and we care very much for all our guests. I hope you will give our hotel a second chance on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The hotel itself is very nice and clean but the service is ridiculous. Before I begin, I want to point out Alex from their maintenance team. My husband was stuck in the bathroom (lock was jammed and he could not get out for about half an hour). We called guest services and they sent Alex from maintenance right up. Alex was kind and quick in loosening the hinge to the bathroom door. Kuddos to Alex as this was the only positive memorable service provided during my families one night stay.

Check - In - I approached the front desk where I see about 5 workers congregating and did not acknowledge my family walked in. I had to approach them and inquire about checking in.

Room Service as Pacific Standard - Food was ok, a bit salty. The order selection is minimal for vegetarian diet restrictions. I ordered two cheesecakes by phone the lady explained there was two types of cheesecake ( a regular and some fancy one with 3 scoops of flavored cheesecakes). I explicitly explained I wanted regular cheesecake. 40 minutes later, the wrong cheesecake was delivered. I kindly called them back and told them I no longer wanted the items and to remove them from my bill. The gentlemen that took my call asked to leave outside the door and they would retrieve it. The next morning I check outside the door and yep, it was still there.

Check-Out - Check out was easy however I saw there was an additional $5 room service charge, I mentioned it and they corrected. After I returned home I checked my bank statement and saw I had 3 (three) charges on my account from my 1 night stay ($305, $281, and $33 totaling $620 withdrawn from my account. I immediately called Homewood Suites and spoke with Susan she only saws one charge on her end. After going back and form with Homewood and filing a dispute for the unauthorized charges with my bank, the funds were put back in my account.

All in all, this was by far one of the worst lodging experiences i've had. As mentioned, the hotel itself is nice but the service is horrible. Pacific standard staff is not helpful and unfriendly as well.

Room Tip: Double check your bank statement as unauthorized charges appear.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Khalat T, General Manager at Homewood Suites San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm so sorry we fell short in providing you the best possible experience. When checking into a hotel, a pending authorization is placed on your card as an incidental hold and you are charged for your stay upon check out. The pending authorization then falls off after this. We would never double charge a guest and I apologize if that was the impression made. If there are any issues with your billing, please reach out to me directly and I will personally make sure it is resolved.