Westfield Horton Plaza - CLOSED

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Well, the Westfield Horton Plaza may have been nice at one time; however, it is now an empty shell with a fitness center and grocery store. It was actually eerie walking into the place with so many abandoned businesses. The actual plaza outside had a lovely fountain and sculptures lit at night.

Date of experience: March 2020
3  Thank Cac1234
Reviewed 26 February 2020

I went to gym last night, I went into the gym inside of the mall, I had a very important issue that I needed to deal with at 24 hour fitness and I had one of the worst experiences of my life I was abused by a person name "Q Harris", Attached is a photo.... This guy is a mental emotional and almost a physical abuser as he did threaten me, this person is excessively prejudiced....

Date of experience: February 2020
2  Thank Enjoy4790
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Sorry it is in the process of being remodeled and turned into high tech offices. Don't waste time going. When it finally reopens in 2021 it is supposed to have lower level stores and restaurants. Until then, wait for a review.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank 630duanef
Reviewed 28 November 2019

Lots of attractions and things to do all around this large, interesting structure. A terrific Macys store anchors what should be the beating heart of the Gaslamp Quarter. We spent time and money there. But there is a need for more 'experiential', themed businesses like the theater, Jimbos Natural food store, the juice places and the 24 Hour Fitness center which is a large well run and clean operation with a stream of patrons. Security is in evidence especially at night so why shouldn't there be more entertainment venues in this place? It sits in the midst of a part of town that has many such businesses that appear to be doing well. We have gone there two or three times already and plan to go back to shop Jimbos. This is a good spot for health related businesses like The Joint or fun oriented Dave & Busters, etc., etc. Would love to see it develop under modern management. It could be a jewel that also serves the community.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 10 November 2019

I was in the Gas Lamp District and saw the Macy's and decided to stop by. The parking lot across the street was extremely expensive--something like $2 for every 6 minutes. Anyway we left through one of he rear exits of Macy's and discovered the mall is pretty much deserted. It was kind of creepy so we didn't linger to see if other stores remained open. This is a shame. It looked like it once was an awesome mall. Loved the architecture. Wonder what happened. Great Macy's though.

Date of experience: November 2019