“Licked it clean”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Quickly decided this is the best food I’ve eaten in a while. My husband ordered the bbq & greens and his plate was licked clean. I had the shrimp tacos with corn on the cob. OMG it was delicious. Then to end a perfect evening we shared the blue berry doughnut bread pudding and once again licked the cup clean. Live music was excellent and atmosphere was fun. Wished they served breakfast.

1  Thank Hollie F

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Local heaven.

This place was what we wanted from our trip.

Blue Canoe seems like a very local place to hangout for a beer, and a burger. The food was delicious and the beer was as well.

The server was great and prompt. The restrooms were clean. The tables were spaced apart at a perfect space and the live music was to die for.

The music was very different. I think the name of the band was Red Gin? It was definitely different, but a good different.

Definitely a place you must have dinner!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We really enjoyed our dinner here. The shrimp tacos and street corn were great. Hubby liked beer selection. The Jerk Edamame was an interest appetizer. Looking forward to trying more items on the menu.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed in our experience at this restaurant. We were told the wait to be seated would be 10-15 minutes and that we could have a seat at the bar or on the couches. We sat on a couch and waited 50 MINUTES then one member of our party of 3 went and asked what was going on and how much longer we would have to wait. The man, who said he was the owner, said he had marked our name off the list because he had called our name 10 times and even went outside to try to find us. We never saw him walk outside. He even walked past us on the couch to get another party to be seated. We never heard our name called. When we were finally seated, our food was not impressive (except for cheesy steak fries). They did, however, give us half off for our troubles- so that was admirable.

Adam M, Owner at Blue Canoe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Fair enough! I'm still not quite certain how your party didn't hear their name called out numerous times, both inside and out, but I accepted the blame and did the best I could to make sure your experience moving forward was great. I'll look at how we handle the waiting list and try and make sure it never happens again. Thanks for your input!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Do come here if you want a great selection of beers, an interesting variety of bar foods, collegial service and live music.
We were on the 20th night of a 21 day road trip and wanted a place for a quick meal that was close to our hotel. TA ratings suggested we try the Blue canoe. I had the smash burger (smoky as described) and my wife had the brown bag bologna sandwich. Both were novel , but exactly what we wanted to try. Anna Beth, our server, was pleasant, helpful with suggestions for meals as well as for my IPA choice in spite of the fact that she was obviously busy.
Live stage music was quality but loud and clearly a part of the overall atmosphere.
Blue Canoe was a great interlude between our 400 mile drive today and our 700 mile drive tomorrow.

1  Thank DutchDoc1

Been to Blue Canoe? Share your experiences!