“great location”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 April 2012

i have stayed here many times over the years and have always had god experiences. Room was clean. Front desk friendly. 35th floor with a great view of the river, and Fenway Park in the distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place and your thank you for your continued patronage...we truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon...

There are newer reviews for The Westin Copley Place, Boston

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I travel routinely and experience the ups and downs that go with this lifestyle. Recently, while in Boston, a city blackout occurred that lasted for several days. I was in this Westin Hotel and decided to go to bed early as nothing was open due to the blackout, and thought for sure that in the early morning everything would be back to normal. Well it was still a blackout in the morning, but the hotel staff worked wonders to minimize our pain by providing Glow lights, Flashlights and even a warm meal in the morning to get you going. Service way above what I was expecting considering the situation. Under usual circumstances, this hotel is a 5+ star experience. Three weeks later, I was back and the service manager, Halina Terajewicz recognized I was a repeat from the dark side and had my room upgraded and a special thank you for returning gift in my room. It is never ideal to be away from home, but if you are in Boston, this hotel and its staff are second to none.

Room Tip: Although surrounded by water, the north side of the hotel has spectacular view of the city and water...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you were able to stay with us, and even more appreciative that you did not check out and gave us the chance to at least make a difficult situation somewhat bearable. In fact I probably ran into you at some point as I was in and around the lobby for the duration of the black out. It was frustrating as we could not get info on when and how the power would come back, but out of terrible situations comes great ideas. Because of this extended black out we have been able to identify some essentials that need to be on emergency power and some non-essentials that don't, and hoepfully should we ever be faced with this type of power outtage again, we should be even more prepared. We are most proud of our employees and the level of service they provide...and Halina is no exception. She is truly a Gem and we are lucky to have her...but all the employees are loyal to the Westin Copley Place and to the guests that come through our doors and that is 99% of the battle... Once again thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel is in a great location in Boston. My daughter and I walked to Newbury Street to eat and shop. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff throughout the hotel was helpful and friendly. We walked only two blocks to catch the T train and go for a tour of Boston University. The hotel is also connected to a mall with shops and restaurants. Once you get here, you don't need your car.

Room Tip: Above the 12th floor gives you great views of Boston.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you and your daughter were able to stay with us during your recent trip to Boston. We are most proud of our employees and the level of service they provide...they are loyal to the Westin Copley Place and to the guests that come through our doors and that is 99% of the battle...I can't agree with you more on our location. We have the most ideal location in Boston for virtually everything you would like to see and do in Boston. We would love to have you come back again soon. Once again thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Thanks to the staff at Westin Copley Place for giving us a great stay at this fine hotel. Everybody is extremely friendly and forthcoming in the hotel. They seem genuinely interested and want to sort out the few problems that might occur. I needed an extra fridge for my medicine. It was ready and installed in less than 15 minutes from my request. At no extra charge, off course.
WCP is located near to perfect in Boston. Close to sights, transportation and with direct indoor access to two interconnected giant malls. That way everything fits in.
Our room was spacious, clean and with a fast wifi service. Unfortunately the hotel doesn't offer free wifi in the rooms which brings it down to four stars. That is not okay for a modern business hotel in the new millennium.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you were able to stay with us during your recent trip to Boston. We are most proud of our employees and the level of service they provide...they are loyal to the Westin Copley Place and to the guests that come through our doors and that is 99% of the battle... I hear you about the internet in the guest rooms and unfortunatley this is a brand initiative that my hope will be adjusted in the near future...I think you will find the same or similar in our competitive set like the Marriott and the Sheraton. We would love to have you come back again soon. Once again thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Always a great experience at the Westin Copley in the heart of Boston -- outstanding views (always an upgrade for Platinum members), phenomenal location and a staff that is extremely attentive to needs. It's the one hotel that always feels like "home" to me. Amazing experience each and every time. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you have status, request an upgrade to a mini-suite with amazing views of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Manny T

WOW to be thought of as your home away from home is truly an honor and thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you were able to stay with us during your recent trip to Boston. We are most proud of our employees and the level of service they provide...they are loyal to the Westin Copley Place and to the guests that come through our doors and that is 99% of the battle... We would love to have you come back again soon. Once again thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!