Taj Boston
USD 445*
USD 410*
Agoda.com
2,961 results
All reviewsnewbury streetmolton brown toiletriesfireplace butlerpark viewgreat locationthe ritzpublic gardensroom serviceelegant hotelturn down servicebeacon hillan upgradefreedom trailconciergeluxurycommonsslippers
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Staff was welcoming, friendly, and pet-friendly! I brought my puppy, they were very accommodating and gave me a wonderful large, clean room with a comfortable bed and even had a dog bed sent up. Hotel is in a great safe location.
The only complaint I have is that I couldn't change the temperature in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Veg28,

We would like to thank you for staying at Taj Boston on your recent trip, and greatly appreciate your kind review. We take great pride in our friendly staff, many of whom have been at this hotel for decades. Our pet-friendly amenities is a great feature for dog owners, especially the dog beds if you can even get them out of your own comfortable bed! Thank you for your feedback regarding the thermostat in your room, I will forward this issue to our engineering department to look into.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Boston in the future, and next time stop by and say hello to our friendly doorman who always have dog treats on hand!

Kindest Regard,

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I always stay at the Boston Park Plaza down the street but this year for the same money received the same price for the TAJ. What a wonderful hotel, wonderful staff, wonderful service.
I will never go anywhere else.

Room Tip: Try to get park view if possible it's lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank annaorysia
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Hello Annaorysia,

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Taj Boston. We are so thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the Best,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here when it was the Ritz. I was in a fireplace suite. The service was great a bit staid though. Now, Taj took it over and wow, unpretentious class. We were in a premium room which was spacious and clean as a whistle. The furniture was appointed well. Michael at the front desk worked his magic because he wanted to and it is what he does best Lynn was also excellent. Everyone was wonderful and genuinely smiling! Only wrinkle was the phone help. Whether I called to get the shoes shined or a bottle of champagne, the people on the receiving line were not up to par with the face to face help.
The restaurant was quite good.Try the crabcake benedict or the Madame sandwich. The wait staff and managers were fab!
Location, best in Boston. You are on the corner of Newbury and Arlington. You are across the street from the park. We will try to stay no where else when we visit Boston.

Room Tip: Premium room had a glimpse of the park , large and spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oneLmichele1111
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear oneLmichele1111,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments and for staying at Taj Boston! We have worked hard to preserve the rich history of the Hotel, while striving for a level of luxury that loyal Taj guests have come to know and love.

We value your business and appreciate your comments, as it is the best way for us to address any issues and continue to provide memorable experiences to all of our guests. I will be sure to address these issues that you experienced over the telephone, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Boston in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a wonderful hotel. If you have the need to feel pampered and important this is the place to go. We stayed in a Fireplace Suite where you are actually given a menu to choose the type of wood you prefer at no cost. Located at the corner of Arlington and Newbury streets you are surrounded by stores such as Hermes, Valentino and Georgio Armani. Great restaurants on Newbury. The bar at the hotel is cozy with a large fireplace. We can't wait to book our next visit. Book two nights an get the third night free.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobnkathye
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Bobnkathye,

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Taj Boston for your visit. Our outstanding location next to the city's best shopping and restaurants is a favorite among many of our guests. We want each of our guests to experience the legendary Taj hospitality, and your positive feedback is one of the reasons why we strive to give great experiences to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is in a great location, on the corner of Newbury Street and Arlington...great shopping and dining. We were able to check in at around 10:30 am, so that was nice. The hotel itself is fine. Our room was a little small and the bathroom was very small. Shower had incredible hot water with heavy pressure, which I like. Molton Brown bath products. The sheets are Frette, wonderful, I think I am going to order a set. The bed was very comfortable. My husband hates down pillows, I thought these down pillows were maybe the best ones I have ever slept on. The hotel is pretty quiet, not much going on. It is hard to compare hotels in a city when you have only been to one hotel so far but the price was great at a little over $200 for what the hotel offers. We did not eat in the restaurants, but the dining room looked cozy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple