Eliot Hotel(Boston)
USD 743
Fairmont.com
  • Room Service
2,714 results
All reviewsprudential centernorth towerthe club loungememsura zilicretractable roofcharles riverbig hotelspg memberan upgradebusy hotelfenway parkjunior suitenewbury streetconcierge deskhigh floorcorner roomhousekeeping staff
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights in March for a conference. I downloaded the Sheraton app and became a member, but because I was coming for a conference, it literally did not allow me to do anything. I needed to drive in so when I pulled up I asked about parking. Overnight valet (unlimited in and out privileges) was $58 while self-parking was $42. I said I would do self-parking, but left my car with them so I could check in. As I arrived about 6pm, my room (South Tower 2150) was ready. I parked my car (which is in the Prudential Center parking) and grabbed my things. I would recommend bringing all your bags and other items into the room prior to parking your car (if you are doing self-parking). The garage is spread out and unless you get lucky, you could be walking a fair amount before you even get to the hotel. I wished I had asked for a room in the North Tower which is above the parking garage. The towers are not connected at all, so I had to walk (with all my items) across the hotel to get to the South Tower. Additionally, the hotel is connected to the Prudential Center by the North Tower, so if you’re planning to spend time there it’s closer to the North Tower. Having it connected to the Pru was awesome in bad weather as you didn’t have to go outside for shopping and restaurants. Also, most of the conference rooms are serviced by the North Tower elevator bays, so again, you may want to be in the North Tower if there for a conference. When I finally got into my room, I heard what I thought was an airplane flying overhead. When I heard it again, I thought that something was wrong. However, they had put me in the room literally behind the elevator shaft. The elevator noise permeated the room: every few minutes an elevator would go by, and it would sound like a tornado, or a stainless steel cart full of stainless steel tools sliding around. I sleep with white noise so thought I might end up being ok, but after a half hour of trying, I called down and said I needed to be moved as the noise was too loud. The women was very helpful and the moved me to 2252, one floor up and 2 rooms further from the elevator. I literally cannot believe they are able to sell the rooms behind the elevator and not be embarrassed by the noise. Make sure you don’t get this! I had requested a refrigerator for my room and it was in my first room and also in my second which I was very happy about! A bit odd, it’s a small square refrigerator (no freezer) that is placed on the ground next to the TV. I was very happy to have it so not complaining, just odd. It was also very loud (more of a humming). I ordered room service in the morning which was great, right on time! They put everything in to go containers and hand you a bag when they drop it off. I actually liked it as it was easy to clean up, but it was just different. There was a $5 charge for delivery, so just an FYI! However, my final morning I was waiting for room service (which was always on time) and got ready to call but figured I should check outside first. When I opened my door, they had never taken off the tag from the night before (I put it out around 9pm so it wasn’t as if I had missed it). At this point it was too late for me to call down and still make my meetings on time, so that was a bummer. All and all it was fine for the conference, but would not stay here again until I had to.

Room Tip: Away from elevators (so loud)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear LovetoTravel352,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased knowing your overall stay was satisfactory, and we appreciate knowing where we have room for improvement. We apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator noise in the first room you were assigned and the poor location of the parking garage from your room and we hope this did not overshadow your visit. We will share your feedback with our team, and hope you will consider a return visit so we can show you we are devoted to giving each guest a great experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Pros: 1) Check-in was very easy and smooth. 2) The staff were all quite friendly. Any questions I had were answered. 3) The convenience of having a mall connected to the hotel was a true blessing in very cold weather. I didn't have to go outside to find good food. 4) The hotel is in a great location within Boston. I enjoyed staying in the Back Bay area very much.

Cons: 1) The front desk staff acknowledged that I was an SPG Gold member, but I was not offered a room upgrade. I did not ask, but at all other SPG/Marriott hotels I've stayed at this year I received more customized service with automatic room upgrades. I acknowledge that I booked it under a conference rate, but I was not offered a room upgrade. 2) The room I got was very small; the bathroom was so tight that the door kept hitting my leg as I was using the toilet. Some sort of a door stop or latching system needs to be put into place in those very small bathrooms because having the door constantly hitting me was not pleasant. 3) I called the front desk for a 2pm check-out time. They immediately said that I would have to pay extra. I then asked, "Even if I am an SPG Gold member?" They placed me on hold, then came back on the line to tell me that I could stay until 2pm without paying extra. I don't think the phone system in the hotel gives any SPG member information to their employees.

Summary: It was very busy at the hotel with NCAA basketball play-offs and the conference I was attending. I like SPG Gold treatment, but I absolutely hate asking for it. I don't want to be a difficult customer, but this hotel should improve its communications operations and protocols to recognize its elite-status members.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear SCSCSC11111,

Thanks for choosing us for your recent visit. We are truly sorry for the experience you had with our staff and that they did not acknowledge that you are a SPG Gold member. We strive to provide excellent service from each member of our team, and we are grateful for feedback that helps us improve our services. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your patience and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 night early February.
it was my first time in Boston and i loved it.
The Hotel is in a perfect location.
I did the Hop on Hop Off Tour, which starts right outside by the Valet!
The room i got was amazing, and i had really nice views of the city too.
i was on the 21st floor!
One of my favorite is definately the Gym Area, and Pool!
All indoors and never crowded!
I could walk around the whole city from the Hotel.
Staff was very friendly at all times.
Great thing is, that it s connected to the Prudential Center, where u can go to more shops and restaurants, kr just use it as a shortcut to get somewhere i doors without the cold!
Eataly is right next door too!
I will definately stay there again!
Thanks for everything.
Karim Ismail

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a great deal. It is connected to the prudential shopping center, so in bad weather you have access to excellent restaurants and shops without needing to go outside. The fitness center has plenty of equipment and a pool. Rooms are comfortable and the hotel lobby bar is a nice spot for a nightcap.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear roda404,

Thank you for the generous review of the Sheraton Boston Hotel. We are glad to know you liked our convenient location and had a pleasant time with us. We hope to see you again whenever you are back here.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Well located on Dalton street with a range of eating places around and walking distance. Nice spacious lobby and standard Sheraton rooms well appointed. Valet And Self parking available, but outrageously expensive! Enjoyed the bar for a night cap. Good selection of Beers, Ales and the usual stuff. Breakfast is standard Starbucks fare. Overall good comfortable sleep and rest.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family