Eliot Hotel(Boston)
USD 455
USD 377
Agoda.com
1,978 results
All reviewsbristol loungehouse carpublic gardensexecutive suiteroom servicenewbury streetindoor poolbeacon hillluxury hotelthe location is perfectthe entire stafffitness centerbeautiful hotelconcierge deskfreedom trailfswedding
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband, 16 year-old daughter, and I had the good fortune of visiting Boston because my daughter was a finalist in a school-related national competition at Umass Boston. I lived in Boston for several years and always wanted to stay at the Four Seasons. We generally stay at the Ritz Carlton when we visit because my husband enjoys the club level lounge.

However, I read on-line that the Four Seasons had recently completed a large renovation so I suggested we stay there.

We stayed in an executive suite with city view. The room was very small, the floor plan was set up poorly with wasted/unused space, and aside from the very new-appearing comfortable bedding, it did not appear to have been renovated at all. The carpet was old and the decor did not seem to have updated color schemes as per the internet reviews. The bathroom had very little counter space and the toilet was not separated from the rest of the bathroom, making it a challenge for 3 people share the room. The bathroom doors were old French doors and there was an old sliding door between the bedroom and living areas. The lighting was not updated. Overall, the room was a huge disappointment and we would not stay there again. The worst part is I feel that we were deceived by the on-line reports of the 15 million dollar renovations, including that from the Four Seasons Press Room.

The Bristol lounge and lobby were nice but still appeared dated. The fresh flowers in the lobby were beautiful.

The service was excellent.

Of note, we recently stayed at the Four Seasons Surfside in Miami which is absolutely gorgeous and luxurious. We have plans to stay at the Four Seasons in Hawaii, Maui, and Oahu in June but may need to reconsider if the properties are dated like the one in Boston.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank HKahn12
FSHB, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to share this review, and offer my sincerest apologies that your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Boston fell so short. I would welcome an opportunity to learn more about your frustration with your room setup and the decor, as this is particularly disappointing for us to see having recently completed our renovation. While it is good to see that you found the service to be excellent, we absolutely understand that every facet of your experience should be exceptional, and again I am so sorry that this was not the case. My contact information is included here if you are open to discussing this further.
Christopher.Werth@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Busy Saturday night Easter Eve with no reservations! Dark romantic back bar worth checking out!
Smart to maneuver to the bar and snag such great service and greater ....,pour!
Excellent turkey burger plate substituted salad for fries and wow!!

Big night with not so big tab!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My room was spacious, clean, clean, clean, bathroom top notch. The staff are experts in what they do and so kind. Restaurant: One of the best places to dine at, the food was prepared to the nines and if you need anything just ring housekeeping they are attentive and fast to details.

Room Tip: I find corner rooms to be the best
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Charles,
Thank you so very much for this lovely review! I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that so many of our employees made an impression on you! Your comments mean a great deal to us, and I'll be sure to share this feedback with our team. Thank you again and best wishes,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here before and probably reviewed before. The location is second to none. Easy walks to so many of Boston’s attractions and across the road from the common. It’s a tight arrival by car but the valet guys do a good job of keeping it moving and being organized. The reception is friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and I think it’s been decorated or modernized since a previous stay (but I could be wrong!). The room was well appointed and had a good size bathroom and room to relax (chair and table), bed has classic FS super nice sheets and quilt. Last times I’ve stayed the bar is good and the restaurant a little bit “classic” in style (solid) but alas this time I didn’t get to see if they’d been any changes. The Four Seasons is a great experience regardless of location. High standards, genuine attention for guests.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 5headedmonster
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Only stayed one night, but I was impressed with the personal attention and outstanding facilities. they ensured that I got to the room and helped me print my boarding pass. I left my charger in my room and the sent it to me overnight Fed Ex.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
FSBoston, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with fellow travelers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and more specifically the attention to detail. We are glad that our staff was able to assist you with your boarding pas as well as your left behind charge. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team, and hope to see you in Boston again soon.

Warm Regards,