“Fantastic evening”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,449 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 22 - USD 62
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Description: Ocean Prime is an award winning modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. With stunning settings, a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and steaks and truly exceptional service, Ocean Prime is an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic dinner at Ocean Prime. Derek, our server, was very attentive and made sure that everything was perfect. I started the evening with "Berries and Bubbles" a drink which was presented fabulously (even guests at other tables were amazed) and my husband enjoyed a refreshing cucumber gimlet. The bone-in filets that we had for our entree were some of the best steaks we have ever had - we had steak knives but we didn't really need them. The sides we chose (truffle Mac & cheese and broccoli & cauliflower) were also delicious. Ocean Prime is a bit pricey but it was worth it. Will definitely be going back when we are next in Boston.

1  Thank Margaret P

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner at Ocean prime. Service, food and cocktails were amazing! I had the Atlantic halibut, cooked to perfection. Raw Oysters, beautiful. They have a terrific cocktail menu. One actually came with dry ice smoking out the glass. I had the gimlet, a traditional cocktail but executed perfectly with fresh lime and cucumber. Extensive wine list however a bottle for every budget.

I will be back!

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review James!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been wanting to get in there, finally we did. The service was a 10, the food was delicious and atmosphere was every fun. There was a live band in bar area. Wish we could’ve heard it in doing room. We will be back

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review! We are so glad that you and your husband were able to make it in for dinner and that we could make the night special!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Ocean Prime last week whilst honeymooning in Boston and we had the most incredible meal. The service was impeccable we had a brilliant waiter from Ireland who’s knowledge of the menu was second to none. Definitely the best meal we had on our trip! If you go you have to get the steak!

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated a birthday at Ocean Prime and were disappointed with the slow and inattentive service. We sat at a half round booth which we enjoyed. The food was very good, but for the money we paid, we expect better service. Dirty plates were left sitting in front of us and drinks and food took a long time to come out. Waiter never checked in with us to see how everything was. Not something we would expect at a top dollar restaurant.

Now for the food. I had a house salad which was thrown together and didn’t care for the dressing. The sea bass was delicious. My husband had the lobster bisque and it was very good. He had the salmon and we have had better salmon at home. They brought us a lemon cheesecake (on the house) for dessert for my husbands birthday which was good. I didn’t care for the house Chardonnay and ordered something different for my second glass, pouilly fuisse at $20, and it was very good.

We wouldn’t return based on the service. When you spend $200 for a meal, the service should be impeccable.

Thank you for the feedback Lisa. We value you as a guest and look forward to providing you with a 5-star experience in the future!