All reviews full kitchen convention center jimmy johns sized refrigerator pots and pans free breakfast rainforest shower sister hotel filtered water studio room indoor pool seaport district contemporary hotel an extended stay breakfast bar large shower silver line
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I am total satisfied during our staying in the Element. It was on a Saturday afternoon on our way to Boston that we found this place online. My wife made the call in the car and we checked in on the same night. The location might not be the most convenient but it looks pretty safe. I parked on the street right across from the hotel and it was not difficult for me to find parking there. It is meter parking and after 8pm it is free. The hotel is very new, so everything looks very clean and up to date. It has a gym, indoor pool (a little small but can’t complaint), free continental breakfast with hot entries, 24 hours free coffee in the lobby area. The room is the one of the best that I have ever checked into. The amenities is top notch, even better than the Four Seasons. Our room has 2 double bed, full size fridge, stainless steel dishwasher, dishes for 4 with utensils, a couch, desk, etc. Bathroom is huge and the only thing that was missing is bathtub if I have to find something. But that was not a problem for us as I prefer shower anyway. We paid $199 for 2 adults and 2 kids for the night with last minute booking, so it was not bad at all for Boston standard. I would stay there again without a doubt if my budget allow.

1  Thank NJYankees
MJorgensen, General Manager at Element Boston Seaport District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so delighted you chose to stay with us and had such an enjoyable experience. I agree that the amenities we offer are top notch, and agree the stocked kitchen, couch, and desk, in addition to the bed(s) in each room really make a difference when staying for a night or a month!

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This was our first stay in an Element hotel, part of the SPG collection of hotels. It definitely has a young business traveler vibe to it, but we saw all kinds of hotel guests. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

There's a large open lobby, with lots of spaces to relax or work. That space also serves as the breakfast eating area in the mornings. It features an excellent, free breakfast with the standard items, plus a daily chef's special. One wonderful touch; the automatic espresso machine that is always on and ready to make your favorite espresso drink at the touch of a few buttons.

Our room featured a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator. Very handy for families or people working an event at the Convention Center. There was a comfortable work desk and chair and lots of electrical and USB plugs.

The hotel has an excellent workout facility and a pool. The closest restaurant was in a Westin, perhaps 1/4 mile away. We walked to the Seaport area (about 1/2 mile) where there were multiple restaurant options,

The hotel is adjacent to an Aloft (also SPG) and they share a number of parking spaces for check-in/check-out (30 minutes max). A self-park surface parking lot is on the south side of the hotel and costs $25/day.Cabs routinely drive past, or the front desk will call one for you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Steve H

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Element Boston Seaport. I'm so delighted we had the opportunity to welcome you and that you found your stay to be so wonderful. Many of the amenities you mention - the kitchens in each room, the spacious pool and workout facility, the many electrical and USB plugs available, as well as our proximity to waterfront with multiple restaurants - are what we think, along with our fantastic staff, is what makes the hotel such a wonderful place to stay. We're glad you agree!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

What a beautiful hotel and so affordable. We were in town for one night for a concert at the Blue Hills Pavillion. This hotel was walking distance to the venue and also many restaurants. Melanie checked us in and was super helpful. I am used to valet parking when in Boston but the self parking lot is literally next door and is much cheaper than a valet price would be in Boston overnight. Only $25! Free breakfast was delicious, included scrambled eggs and bacon not just the usual continental carb fest!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pmc2428

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your stay at Aloft Boston Seaport. Our proximity to waterfront restaurants and attractions, such as the Blue Hills Pavilion, allows for guests to enjoy Boston's hottest neighborhood just a short distance from the hotel. Thank you for pointing out the many options available at our complimentary breakfast buffet, we're happy to hear you enjoyed it!

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Boston.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

The staff at Element was friendly, professional, and made our stay most enjoyable. The hotel was very new, clean, and had all the amenities we needed. It's location allows easy access to Boston either on foot, or by the "T" (public transportation). It is located right across the street from a nice public park, and the Boston Convention center. The free breakfasts are excellent!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Phil S
MJorgensen, General Manager at Element Boston Seaport District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you very much for sharing your review of The Element Boston Seaport and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We believe we have some of the best employees and your comments validate that for us. I am truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This was our first stay at this particular property, although we have stayed at numerous Starwood hotels. We chose this one because 1. It was the only hotel in the area that offered two queen beds in a room and 2. Offered a full hot breakfast each morning. I was initially concerned about the hotel being too sleek and modern for a family stay by looking at the website pictures but this was not the case at all - we felt very comfortable here.

Overall, it was a great stay. We were vacationing here for the week so we parked our vehicle in the $25/day lot that was parallel to the hotel. This charge was added to our hotel bill which was very convenient. We had a card that allowed us in and out privileges even though we utilized public transportation for 95% of our stay. The subway aka 'T' was a 5 minute walk from the property and took us anywhere and everywhere we journeyed into downtown (Just keep in mind the silver line that takes you to/from the World Trade Center stop and is walking distance to the hotel stops running at 12:30AM each day). Olde Towne tour buses go by the hotel as well, which we wish we would've known about otherwise we wouldn't have booked City View tour service (had to catch via South Station). Also, if you're catching a Sox game our subway ride from Fenway back to the hotel was about 30 minutes. There is a limited free service shuttle offered between the three properties (Westin, Aloft & Element) if needed, just have to call the front desk to request it and the times are limited as well.

Enjoyed the complimentary cocktails offered each evening - really loved trying the local Harpoon Brewery beer. Was even surprised with complimentary taco dinner one evening as well. The Aloft property is just steps away and they have a lively bar with live music in the evenings.

The only negative during our stay was arriving to a room that had black streaks and makeup stains on the linens so the front desk had to send up new linens. I had to step out of the room to get something from our vehicle while the new linens were being delivered (my teen and hubby were still in the room) and when I returned the clean linens were left on the desk in our room. Had to call front desk to have a houseman sent up again and when he came into our room he pointed to the linens to insinuate that we were to make the beds ourselves (???). I told him we needed the beds made and only then did he proceed to change them. I felt uncomfortable having to tell him to make the beds but I felt like as guests we shouldn't have to. Then the following day we returned to our room around 11 PM to find that our room had not been serviced. (We know about the magnets that can be placed on the outside of the door to forgo room servicing and both magnets were not displayed indicating this request.) So needless to say we were not happy about having to call down to the front desk after a tiring day of touring the big city. The front desk agent was very sweet and apologetic and credited points to our SPG account for the inconvenience, which we appreciated.

Jimmy Johns, Dunkin Donuts and a wine/spirits store is nearby. We had a delicious dinner at Yankee Lobster Company (their clam chowder is to die for) which was about a 5 minute walk away. Felt comfortable walking this area at night with my family as there were lots of other families out and about, great lighting and state police were always visible. The lawn on D is steps away and has cool illuminated swings at night. The kids enjoyed corn hole on the hotel patio as well. Overall we enjoyed this property and will definitely be returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MrsWillard

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at The Element Boston Seaport. I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us.

You are correct in saying that we are a short distance from the silver line ‘T’ that will give you the ability to travel all around the city. In addition to the transportation methods you listed, we also offer complimentary bikes on property available, giving guests the opportunity to explore the city in a different way.

I apologize for the issues you faced regarding the linens in your room. Although our linens cleaned off property, it is our responsibility to ensure their cleanliness before placing them in guestrooms. I’m also disappointed to learn about your experience with your room being refreshed—I have addressed both issues with our housekeeping manager so as to preclude them from happening in the future and thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.