All reviews convention center blackout shades shampoo conditioner seaport district body wash dunkin donuts minute walk attending a conference business trip south station the world trade center directly across the street silver line corner room higher floor per day mini fridge
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very modern design and layout, however super efficient and pleasant vibe. I was in Boston for a conference at the Convention Center. The Aloft is literally across the street from a side entrance. I was pleasantly surprised that all my walking was inside. The hotel staff is very helpful and patient with the middle agers. I really appreciated the welcome email that I received a few days before arrival. The rooms are well appointed and colorful. I loved the design, especially the openness of the shower window. Square footage seemed a little small, however the layout of the room was fine. Ask for a city view room. We were on the 12th floor and the views are amazing!! The lobby area is very pleasant and welcoming. The only drawback is the lack of food choices. Breakfast was basically continental. It seemed that they had the ability to provide more choices. We attempted dinner once (take out) from the Social Register. There weren't many choices on the menu. The burger was not very good and was not cooked to order. We had to send it back to be cooked longer. The Aloft is an excellent stay for anyone attending a The atmosphere and vibe made me feel 20 years younger!

Room Tip: Recommend high floors with city views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Rooms were nice and spacious and the hotel has a very modern and chill vibe. The bar appetizers were. Little on the high side but it's expected at a hotel in this area. I had a hectic and frantic day but the hotel was very relaxing for me

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Very laid back eclectic hotel. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are cozy (not good for families w children), great shower and the extras (in house shampoo and shower gels) are an added plus. Bed are more comfortable than just an average hotel but I’ve slept in better. I would recommend again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I have never stayed at a hotel where every staff member I encountered was so rude and unfriendly. Arrived at night in freezing cold and windy weather. No person or signage explains the bizarre parking arrangement in a lot two blocks away where the access codes they gave us didn’t work. Room was rather dismal and wait staff at the restaurants were arrogant and uncourteous. I would never stay there again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Charley K
Christy_Aloft, General Manager at Aloft Boston Seaport District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Charley K....I am so disappointed to read your review, but I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback with us. While I am very surprised to hear of your encounters with our team members, there's certainly no excuse for the unfriendliness. I would love to connect with you directly to speak further about your experience. Please reach out to me via email at Christy.loy@stawoodhotels.com. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I just wanted to take the time to share what a wonderful stay my family and I had at Aloft this passed weekend. We came to Boston celebrating a birthday and to go to the St.Patricks Day parade. A wonderful woman named Ashley checked us in and took such great care of us while we were there, that she prompted me to write a review. She was just so kind to my family. A pleasure to talk to, she put us in a great room with a little extra space for the babies crib and an amazing view of the city, gave us some great recommendations for restaurants, and even dropped off a birthday card for me with some complimentary drink tickets. She also stored our luggage for us after check out while we went to the parade. (It was a lot of luggage and she lugged it all around herself!) We tried to give her a small thank you gift/tip that she wouldn't accept. She just said "Its been a pleasure meeting you all and I'm just doing my job." Seriously,  I can't say enough about how nice she was to us. It's rare to get such great customer service these days, so I appreciate it when I do! Thanks Ashley! Also, side note: This hotel has really good quality shampoo and body wash in dispensers so you don't have to keep asking for more of those little bottles. The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable. The lights, thermostat and electronics ate all SIRI voice controlled AND something else cool is that you can text the "BOT-ler" with any need you may have, and it will be delivered to your door in minutes. Just stay here.

Room Tip: We were in room 1201. It is almost at the very top, and a corner room with an amazing view of Boston from two angles.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Christy_Aloft, General Manager at Aloft Boston Seaport District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Heather E...thank you so very much for your fantastic review. I am so happy to hear that Ashley helped to make you feel at home and was able to take great care of your family throughout your stay. I have made sure to share your note with Ashley and our entire team...thanks again for sharing. Additionally, I am glad that you and your family had a comfortable stay and were able to take advantage of the tech savvy offerings we have such as our ChatBot. We can't wait to welcome you back next time!