All reviews rooftop bar the barking crab tv stand seaport district outlook restaurant water view floor to ceiling windows hotel guests rain shower bathroom area marriott property trendy hotel usb ports modern design boston skyline room service boston tea party
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for a 4 day break in December and to the most part the hotel was excellent.
We had a great room 618 had a great view it was high up and you could see a panoramic view from the outer harbour to the Boston Tea Party Museum.
The room was an ok size didn't have a bath but shower was great.
The rooftop bar is shut in the winter so we had breakfast and a couple of lunches in the ground floor restaurant which despite being utilitarian in style was surprisingly good. The executive chef produced an an excellent and innovative menu with a couple of really stand out dishes like the Cubana sandwich and the Duck Confit sandwich. Mostly the staff in the excellent in the restaurant apart from in one way which was the breakfast vouchers. As platinum status holders we get free breakfast but here you get 12 dollars off whatever you chose or a free continental breakfast with coffee and juice. Despite this on day one we only got a 21 dollar credit and on the day I had the continental I had to also to pay for the juice and the coffee. I just paid up didn't make a fuss as I was on holiday but come on 12 plus 12 equals 24 not 21 and why did you charge me for things I didn't need to pay for?
The reception staff I found extremely helpful.
Two other suggestions are that the Boston Tea Party museum is very well done and I strongly recommend the Blue Dragon restaurant which was amazingly good a short walk away.

I like these Autograph Collection Hotels my favourite is the Glasshouse in Edinburgh and despite the lack of certain facilities like a club and pool in most they are certainly a stylish and boutique addition to the Marriott brand.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank barcaranger
EnvoyHotel, General Manager at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

It was our pleasure to welcome you to The Envoy Hotel! Our hotel is surrounded by the Boston Harbor, and we are glad that you found the views to be perfect. It is great to know that you appreciated your meals at our Outlook Kitchen and Bar. Our culinary team works hard to prepare a wide variety of meal options for any time of the day, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your sandwiches. However, we sincerely apologize for any confusions you had about the bill. Please reach out directly to us so we can work together to further resolve this concern. We thank you for providing us with your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve upon the quality of our services. Thank you for your brand loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Envoy Hotel.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Some new hotels are so modern that you can't see anything in the elevator or figure out how to operate the fanciful shower. The Envoy is very modern and stylish but done with the guests' comfort in mind. Quality materials, nice design and perfect cleanliness made for a very enjoyable stay. Our 6th floor room had large windows and water view. Breakfast downstairs was a pleasant experience in a slightly new take on old favorites.

Room tip: Valet parking only.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EnvoyHotel, General Manager at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

We are pleased that you found our hotel to be modern and comfortable. We understand the importance of a relaxing stay and we are so glad that you found everything that we offer to be top-quality. Our hotel is centrally located on the Boston Harbor, and it is wonderful that you had a perfect view from your own guest room. It makes us smile to learn that you enjoyed dining at our Outlook Kitchen and Bar for breakfast, and we thank you kindly for your compliments. Thank you for sharing your incredible review with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Envoy Hotel.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Traveling for a living, hotels are a necessary evil that we have to either joy in, or at best tolerate. Over the years, decades plus to be more specific we have enjoyed relatively good success staying with the Marriott umbrella of hotels. With that, we have found a handful of their Autograph Collection of hotels quite nice.

The Envoy is a very beautiful proper, it’s new, it’s modern and it’s small and quaint. The front desk staff, cleaning and bar staff is very professional and friendly.
Ok, let’s get the only gripe I have out of the way.
In my 38 years of traveling and over a decade with Marriott, I can honestly say I’ve never run into a hotel that not only does NOT have a single sandwich on their room service menu, and flat refuses to make you one. Any food and beverage manager that cannot put a simple club sandwich on the room service menu, or when asked, will not have one prepared (at any reasonable time between 11-11) needs to rethink his profession. That is the most absurd and idiotic thing I’ve ever heard of. To be completely fair, the room service I did have was quite well prepared and delicious. So you be the judge. If you work at your desk and want a sandwich while you work, then this may be a problem for you. Ok, now that I have that out of the way, let’s get into the good part. And there were way more good than bad.
The rooms are very European, the appointments are very nicely done and for the most part are comfortable enough, beds may be a little low for some. Stunning views of the water and downtown are for the viewing if you get a Northwest corner room. Numbers 27 and 28 on each floor should work. 427 was especially nice for viewing. All glass for the most part, so the view is exceptional, and you really aren’t aware of the outside temp. Very well insulated, at least in winter.
There is quite a bit of dining within walking distance of 15 minutes or less. Uber has a pickup at the corner of the property as well, which was nice. Del Frisco’s Boston is a favorite or ours.
The Front Desk is always there to help anyway they can, and always so friendly. Top notch all the way.
The restaurant and bar are for the most part typical hotel stocked and faire. The food is good, the cocktails are well mixed, with a nice Sunday Brunch thrown in.
I have to applaud the Front Desk Staff, Cleaning and Bar Staff.
If a sandwich while working at your desk for room service is not a big thing for you, you’ll love the Envoy. And the Rooftop Bar in the summer should be a huge plus when it’s open. It’s closed during the cold months.
I would be amiss if I did not mention The Barking Crab across the street. Excellent Crab, Lobster, Oysters and their Shrimp Thai Salad was an immediate favorite. And I’m not a salad guy.

Room tip: Rooms ending in 27. 427 has a great view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jetjouster
EnvoyHotel, General Manager at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

We thank you for taking the time to share your thorough review with us. It makes us smile to read your compliments about your accommodations. A large majority of our guest rooms are orientated towards the water and we are pleased that you enjoyed the breathtaking views. We are glad that you had the opportunity to dine at our Outlook Kitchen and Bar as we offer a variety of meals and drinks for any time of the day. Your kind recognition of our dedicated staff is very appreciated as they strive to provide the best customer service to our valued guests. However, we are disheartened to learn that your request for a simple club sandwich was not accommodated. We strive to instill in our staff that all requests from our guests are accommodated or that our staff members offer options and solutions. If we do not have a specific product, our staff is empowered to make alternate recommendations to satisfy a guest's request. We will be sure to reinforce this message to all of our staff members to fulfill these simple requests. We would like to once again thank you for your brand loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Envoy Hotel.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent a fun Saturday night at the Envoy in the Fort Point/Seaport district. It was the last weekend for the rooftop bar and we enjoyed it with its stunning water & city views. Note: if you stay at the hotel you have your own elevator to the rooftop; the public one can have long waits in the high season. The room was modern w/a comfy bed and very nice shower. Park your car and walk the harbor walk & drink in the amazing Boston harbor views. The Fan Pier has lots of places to sit and rest; a fire pit complete with music speakers was our favorite. We walked to an event in the Seaport and then back again to Ocean Prime for a night cap. A short walk over the bridge and you're in the Harbor district. Staff was helpful and very friendly. Try a night or two escape to this area and to the Envoy-you'll have a blast!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EnvoyHotel, General Manager at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

We are thrilled that you and your husband had a blast at The Envoy Hotel! It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to visit our Roof Top Bar, Lookout. It is a perfect venue to enjoy our signature cocktails while taking in the beautiful harbor views of Boston, and we are glad that you were impressed by it all. As you mentioned, our hotel is centrally located on the Boston Harbor and we are delighted that you were able to easily explore the attractions in the area. Our goal is to provide the best experience to our valued guests, and we are happy that you had an incredible stay. Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Envoy Hotel.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The staff are really nice. Common areas and rooms are very clean and well kept. I was surprised at the prices on the breakfast menu. I didn't find them to be higher than other local eateries. Most hotels I have been to have outrageous prices on their on sight restaurants. Our breakfast was really good.

Get the king with city/Ft. Point Chanel view 4th floor or higher.

Room tip: Get the king with city/Ft. Point Chanel view 4th floor or higher.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EnvoyHotel, General Manager at The Envoy Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Nothing pleases us more than learning that we exceeded your expectations on every level! We are very flattered that you enjoyed dining at our Outlook Kitchen and Bar and we cannot be more pleased to hear that you found great value in our breakfast. It is so wonderful that you found our guest room to be perfect, and your recommendation means a lot to us. Thank you for sharing your glowing review with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Envoy Hotel.