“Worst restaurant experience in Boston thanks to the waiter”
Review of Babbo Pizzeria

Babbo Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Babbo Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have few words to describe how upset I am about this restaurant. I'm a big fan of Boston's restaurant culture but don't know what's wrong with these guys.

We were a party of four and admittedly had a good starter (salami plate, very good!). However, the entrees were terrible. Pasta was way too undercooked, the steak was a joke (only the size of a starter) but first and foremost the waiter was a <beep>. When we started to complain, the only effort he took was to contradict and justify why everything was like it was. You have the wrong job and you are in the wrong place sir!

Then it got even better when this restaurant actually increased the tip on the bill without my consent. I had to file a dispute at my credit card company. They were sent an unsigned (!!) digital sales slip as proof by Babbo (and unfortunately even accepted it as proof). I had to reopen the case by complaining again that the slip didn't show my signature anywhere and got at least a refund for the difference Babbo put on top themselves.

This was my worst restaurant experience in Boston in 2.5 years of being here - can't recommend.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We came for lunch and split two different pizzas (the mortadella and the lardo) and they were both AMAZING. Great thin crust, lots of toppings — delicious. Their beer selection is also extensive, which we loved. The only downside was the dessert. We picked the lemon gelato cake because we saw it online everywhere, but it was neither cake nor gelato (bit of a miss).

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Wife and I visited Babbo's just last night. Walked in the door after 8 p.m. thinking things would be a bit more quiet, but no, the place was just getting stirred up. Nearly every table was filled with laughter, great drinks, and amazing foods. If you're looking for quality pasta, hand made pizza, and an extensive wine list you can't miss with Babbo's. I read a few comments regarding poor service; well, there's a difference between staff being lazy and the staff being extremely busy, and the later was true at Babbo's. Love this place and we'll definitely return when we visit Boston again. Enjoy!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The food here is very good. It's Roman-inspired cuisine with suppli, spaghetti cacio e pepe, and creative, fresh pizzas. I would say it's an excellent value for the quality of the food. The wine and beer list is extensive; it's much more expensive, but worth it. You could come here for a drink, a casual meal or for a special occasion. The service is attentive and very professional. We came on a night when it wasn't super-busy, which probably helped.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Are big Becco fans and wanted to try the Boston outpost. Nice drink selection. The Carbonara was very good and the budino for dessert was excellent