“Rivetting performance in a grand old hall”

Boston Symphony Orchestra
Ranked #1 of 49 Concerts & Shows in Boston
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We have been looking forward to hearing this famous orchestra live in its home venue and were not disappointed.

The famed sound heard so often at home on CD had the extra hair-raising dimension live and the old slightly creaky seats added much to the atmosphere.

Truly memorable.

"excitement"
"ma"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I attended a concert in April. I would like to say that the performance was great! I loved the first part of the concert with Shostakovich's Festive Overture and Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major. Anne Sophie-Mutter was amazing playing this concerto!.

The second was a bit different. I did not like it that much. Takemitsu's Nostalghia is pretty hard to hear and even when Anne did a very good job, I did not enjoy it. The final one was pretty nice with Shostakovich's Symphony No. 6.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I attend a performance a couple times a year and love every one. Beforehand I dine at the hall, pre-ordering my meal when buying my admission. Having done this 5 times over the past 2 years, I can say I was never disappointed. You will have a reserved table and will be served promptly. Dining starts at 7pm and no promlem being finished in time for 8pm performance. Take a look at the beautiful salmon I was served earlier this month, tasted every bit as good as it looked.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Excellent program and musicians. We love concerts and of course the BSO is one of THE BEST IN THE WORLD. I highly recommend to attend one of their concerts while visiting Boston. Excellent for adults and teenagers.