“Great atmosphere, good food and service”
Review of Eastern Standard

Eastern Standard
Reserve with OpenTable
Eastern Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 3,558 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Beacon Street
Transit: Kenmore Station T stop on the Green Line and Bus Routes 119, 193, 55, 57, 60, 65, 8, and CT1 into Kenmore Square
Description: Eastern Standard is an American Brasserie located in the heart of Kenmore Square, featuring a heated patio and the longest marble bar in Boston. At Eastern Standard we strive to re-create every guest’s expectations. As you enter the restaurant you will be warmly greeted by a staff whose main goal is to make your dining experience among the best you have ever had. Guests can depend on the eclectic wine list to be approachable and unpretentious. We offer a full bar featuring 61 delicious classic cocktails from around the world and Eastern Standard originals. From the house made Charcuterie to the warm and indulgent Butterscotch Bread Pudding, your dining experience at Eastern Standard will keep you coming back again and again!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came for brunch and both got delicious bloody marys though they were hard to drink with all the veggies in and on top. We took our time before ordering after we got a plate to put our celery stalk etc on. Hessen was helpful and didnt rush us. My husband ordered the eggs benedict and I got the breakfast sandwich. You would think the bene would be more special but the presentation was lacking and the taste was pretty average. no garnish or anything was on the plate with the two benedicts and the canadian bacon was sort of crispy. In contrast my egg sandwich was way better than I imagined. I had a real fried egg with crispy corners and the yolk was still a little runny-perfect in my book. It was accompanied by tasty fried potatoes.

1  Thank Dianne S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Brunch on a Saturday, so below their usual standard and a disappointment. We walked several miles to get there, walking off our meal ahead of time! We ordered tea at 9 a.m., and eventually, after some excuses about the teas being 'unpacked and organized', our tea was served at 9:30. Hard to fathom. And mine was the wrong tea. I needed a de -caffeinated mint and was given a green tea full to the brim of caffeine. The solution. Not to charge me for the tea. The food was okay, but arrived shortly before our neighbors' who had arrived long after we did. Our overall experience had been spoiled by sitting there for so long and waiting.

2  Thank Ardee3
Reviewed 13 September 2018

went with friends pre red sox game, food was pretty good. Salmon was good, other had sandwisches and pasta, no complaints. Did order a steak, a NY. they only give you half a steak though, dry and tough was a of poor quality, also quite pricey for three dried out pieces of steak that had been cooked earlier. Would recommend the Island Creek Restaurant a few doors down. Food came out fast, waiter was great, but it's a tourist trap before a red sox game.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Loved the Saturday brunch, had a delicious breakfast sandwich and a tasty cold brew ice coffee. Our server was helpful, funny and very charming.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The restaurant is right off of the Kenmore T Stop, right around the corner from Fenway, and perfect for before the game. We were walk-ins and sat at a high top table in the bar. I had the seared Maine salmon (cooked to my liking and was excellent) and my husband had the rigatoni, which was amazing (I kept stealing forkfuls). The service was friendly and efficient and we would recommend it highly.