“A must visit ”

USD 82.40*
and up
Boston Odyssey Brunch Cruise
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited and just loved the place. Beautiful views on a clear day with attentive staff supporting you. An hours ferry ride with stunning views of Boston as you leave and return.

2  Thank Nigel B

Reviewed 17 July 2016

This was my second trip to the Little Brewster Island Lighthouse. The boat ride is pleasant, although the narration is practically inaudible. The first trip, I climbed the lighthouse. It is very interesting and offers great views, but be warned that it means 76 steps and two ladders in VERY hot, confined spaces. In fact, of the 40 climbers that are allowed on the trip, only 8 at a time can climb up and down, so there is a lot of waiting around. It is a beautiful spot to visit, but there is very little shade (find a spot on the ground in the shadow of the lighthouse) and the only places to sit down are in the blazing sun. This trip I went as a non-climber with my 84 year old mother, and the lack of shady benches is a problem since we were on the island for almost two hours. Also note there are no bathrooms. So I rated my first trip as a 5 and the second as a 3 - hence the 4-star rating.

3  Thank Happy_Camper_2004
Reviewed 18 August 2015

This is a great trip with a guide giving historic and current information about the harbor and islands all the way out to the island (about 40 min.) We brought sandwiches and enjoyed the beautiful views of the harbor and islands while eating at a picnic table. I climbed the 76 steps and 2 ladders to the top of the lighthouse for more fantastic views. (I'm 69 and had no problem.) The knowledgeable and enthusiastic park rangers gave us more information about the lighthouse and really enriched the experience for us. This trip would not be appropriate for young children.

2  Thank Rosemary C
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

What better thing to do on a hot summer day! The boat ride to the island was admittedly better than the actual visit. We got interesting commentary along the way about the different islands. The photo ops of the Boston skyline and then the lighthouse made this trip for me. The preboarding was a little chaotic and I must have heard the rules for climbing to the top of the lighthouse at least 3 times by different people.

1  Thank Stewart T