Book In Advance

from USD 111.22
More Info
from USD 86.33
More Info
All reviews coast guard boston harbor awesome visit lens snowman climb boat tours
Reviewed 18 August 2015

This is a great trip with a guide giving historic and current information about the harbor and islands all the way out to the island (about 40 min.) We brought sandwiches and enjoyed the beautiful views of the harbor and islands while eating at a picnic table. I climbed the 76 steps and 2 ladders to the top of the lighthouse for more fantastic views. (I'm 69 and had no problem.) The knowledgeable and enthusiastic park rangers gave us more information about the lighthouse and really enriched the experience for us. This trip would not be appropriate for young children.

2  Thank Rosemary C
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

What better thing to do on a hot summer day! The boat ride to the island was admittedly better than the actual visit. We got interesting commentary along the way about the different islands. The photo ops of the Boston skyline and then the lighthouse made this trip for me. The preboarding was a little chaotic and I must have heard the rules for climbing to the top of the lighthouse at least 3 times by different people.

1  Thank Stewart T
Reviewed 31 July 2015

The knowledge of the guide is amazing. The freedom on the tour is great as well to just explore.. Not every lighthouse gives the opportunity to climb it. Thank you for the experience. The tour is also amazingly easy to book online. Super reliable.

1  Thank Hillary T
Reviewed 23 June 2015

I didn't take the boat trip out to tour this lighthouse, yet, but I spent a couple of hours photographing it for a client from various spots in Hull, MA and along the shoreline. I have a couple of more trips planned to the Boston area this year and after spending so much time looking at it through the lens, I plan on doing the full, proper tour.

1  Thank ScottyG777
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Easy to find with a GPS, but be aware that you cannot walk to it because it is on a separate island with a no trespassing sign. but still neat to see.