“OMG, and still drooling”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Rock Hill, SC
“OMG, and still drooling”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

By far, my favorite restaurant on our whole Boston trip! We are so happy we found Neptune Oyster House. The staff was so friendly. There was about an hour wait for a place at the bar and they generously took our phone number and called us as soon as a place was available. Nice touch. And the food.....I can't say enough about it. We had the fried clams (absolutely the best I ever ate!) and the buttered lobster roll. It was plenty to split and the bartender was a joy, adding to out wonderful experience. Go, run, do whatever it takes, but plan to wait. I have a bathroom bigger than this place. You won't be sorry! YUMMO!

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Culiacan, Mexico
“Best restaurant of Boston, one of my favorites over all!”
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Neptune Oyster is, by far, one of my favorites restaurants of US. I've lived in Boston for a couple of months and Have tasted several restaurants around the city, this was my favorite pick. DELICIOUS food, great small place, it is a wonderful experience because is not like every other restaurant in the US. You cannot make reservations, you have to go there and wait in the list, while the waiting you can walk around the Italian neighborhood which is also great, please don't miss this place just because of the waiting time, is worth it!!

2 Thank imazmaria
Olathe, KS
“Worth the wait..”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We experienced many wonderful meals in our recent trip to Boston but Neptune's Oyster was a head and shoulders above the rest. Everything about it was simply superb. Our oysters were perfect. The made to order clam chowder (that's right, made to order) nearly made my husband and I cry and we have discernable tastes. The seared scallops and roasted brussel sprouts entree was the perfect ending to our meal.
The 1+ hour was well worth the wait and even enjoyable considering the restaurant is nestled within Boston's most historic area. Don't miss this one, it was the culinary highlight of an amazing trip.

• Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“DO NOT GO THERE”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As a restaurant columnist in Montreal, I was quite anxious to experience local fare and was drawn to the Neptune Oyster Bar although I suspected it could be a little touristy. I was right... line-ups and a first come first served basis. Up to that point, I was definitely prepared to live with that but before talking the 1.2 mile walk to get there, our hotel desk Manager called to make sure they were still taking walk-ins. Once confirmed, we went on our way talking a nice walk through town over to Salem Street in Little Italy. When we arrived, there were, as expected, a few people waiting. When the hostess walked up to us, she told us they were no longer taking guests. We explained the hotel had just called and she implied we were lying just to get in. I have rarely encountered such rude and disrespectful restaurant staff. We tried to appeal to their better nature but their arrogance at being above having to please customers because their notoriety gave then the right to treat potential customers like something they would have scraped off the bottom of their shoe was clearly part of the restaurant's culture. Check out my review of the other restaurants we ate in during our stay... much better bets, less tourists and courteous service. I would not give these people the time of day as there are much better places in Boston to eat in and receive the level of service you should expect from restaurateurs.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank shawnmontreal
NJ
“wonderful oysters”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We always come to Neptunes during our trips to Boston. Love the Oysters. Always so fresh. We also share a lobster roll. This year I was surprised about the amount of butter on the roll. There was so much butter that my husband didn't even really do more than pick at his half. More for me but it was even a little bit much for me. This is a very small place and the only problem you may run into is if the people next to you have some tired children. One couple actually got up and left because the baby next to them was crying.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!