“A North End Must-Visit...”
Review of Modern Pastry Shop

Modern Pastry Shop
Ranked #4 of 102 Dessert in Boston
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I am a fan of the Modern Pastry cream puff. It's a little different than other places, as it has whipped cream AND cannoli cream. It was delicious!! Everything here is beautiful, the staff is incredibly friendly (no matter how busy) and the prices are very fair. The lobster tail pastries are breathtakingly lovely. The pistachio macaroons are delicious. What a nice selection to choose from!

1  Thank o2bcre8ive
Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This charming shop is full of good dessert and luscious coffee. In the last few years they have been able to expand and you can now sit at a table to enjoy you chosen goodies. I recommend trying a piece of their Torrone, my favorite the hazelnut. Excellent!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I can't compare apples to oranges...both modern and mikes pastry are very good. Both have excessive lines. Difference here is modern comes fully equipped with a bar downstairs...I think they offer food as well but didn't look. So in that way they have one up on Mike's. You be the judge.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Stopped in while in Boston this week and was pleased with the selection. I brought some things home or family and they haven't eaten them yet, so no verdict there. I will say that the woman who helped my friend was pretty rude, but the one who helped me was fine. Very reasonable pricing though - was pleasantly surprised at that. My friend did wish she had gotten more of the ricotta pie - she said it was better than Mike's or Maria's, but I can't attest to that since I didn't try it.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Plan a visit to Modern Pastry in the North End! The products are delicious (especially the rum cake:) and the customer service is professional and pleasant....thank you to Lea for all her help. It's a no wonder this pastry shop has been in business for so many years and continues to hold a gold star!

Been to Modern Pastry Shop? Share your experiences!