“You'll wonder where the spice is”
Review of Wonder Spice Cafe

Wonder Spice Cafe
Ranked #1,118 of 3,558 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Terrible food. Soup tasted like condensed milk mixed with coconut. Thankfully they were out of spring rolls, so I only suffered with the soup. All the curry dishes were bland and tasted the same. Sadly, they contained no spicy at all. No one was happy with their meals, but after a long day in the city, we didn't have the strength to complain about all eight meals.
We just won't go back.
I strongly recommend that you not waste your money there either.
Wait staff was pleasant.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Overcooked entrees! Chicken and shrimp in my Pad Thai was so dry I needed a glass of water to wash it down. Same thing for my family's entrees. So disappointing!

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

We visit Jamaica Plain every July for about a week and Wonder Spice is an annual tradition. I have yet to find a restaurant where I live that serves Mango Curry. We love the tofu or shrimp. And definitely over brown rice. Yum!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I came to Boston with my girlfriend for Memorial Day weekend and we tried this restaurant for regular dinner.

The place is small and quiet, the service was good. Waitress was attentive. I tried the seafood noodles and this dish was very good. I also tried my girlfriend's dish that was the curry chicken, that was also good.

The prices are reasonable and the portions were generous to me. We ate well and actually had to have a bag for the leftovers.

To me this place it's worth it.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

I am so sorry to say it, but after hearing so many great things about Wonder Spice, i've tried it twice now and will never return. The first time my food was cold and the chicken really tasted awful/bad. I sent it back and got another noodle dish that was OK. Today i tried again with my whole family and every meal was yucky. Bland, tasteless, rubber chicken, vegetables with no seasoning, cold... i would have been better off with a frozen dinner.