“Great Food”

Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Transit: Blue Hill Ave @ Julian St (45) Blue Hill Ave @ Clifford St (45) Blue Hill Ave @ W Cottage St (45)
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I often frequent this resturant or have it delivered. The food is amazing. The staff are super friendly and the Dominican Food is just seasoned well and always fresh.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

OK so I was happy b/c the food was delivered earlier than they said.

I ordered the beef pastalitos, and the langosta (lobster) con creole sauce. White rice and beans. The food was good and flavorful. I won't lie for the price the portion was a very nice size.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This place is small but it packs a big punch. The dining room feels like you are back in the islands. The food is fantastic. A true representation. You will not be disappointed except maybe by the neighborhood it's in. But everything else is great. Dont miss the wall of pictures showing all the famous people who have frequented the place. Super cool!

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

I had high hopes for my first visit. I ordered extra food in case I wasn't happy with my first choice. Although plentiful in quantity, the items I chose aren't that tasty.

Beef patties: a little bland, nice portions for an appetizer.
Rice and beans: ok, but not really appetizing.

Side of salad: good, and so was their balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Pechuga con camarones y queso mozzarella: disappointing!!! The chicken breast was a bit overcooked, and the shrimp chewy. The accompanying Creole sauce made it better.

As for the gandules, the broth was too watery for my taste.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This was the first time I had been to Merengue. The sangria was strong and flavorful. I was extremely happy about that. The food portions are pretty large and everything was cooked well. The menu is pretty extensive and I'm excited to go back in order to try just about everything that have to offer