“Anything is possible! ”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,558 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 50 - USD 80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We walked in today for brunch at 11.30 am. And feasted on the clam chowder, the lobster and crab cakes and broiled lobster with butter, along with the Wedge salad.
Noel did a good job looking after us, obliging us with 2 dishes off the menu!
Everything we had was Super! Only wished the salad had more blue cheese!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Four of us had dinner at The Capital Grille Thursday evening. We had reservations and were seated quickly. Appetizers included steak tartare, grilled garlic shrimp in an iron skillet, and a wedge salad. All were satisfactory. Main courses were rib steak on the bone, herb-roasted chicken, kona rubbed steak, and a porterhouse steak. Sides included baked potato, creamed spinach, and as gratin potatoes. All were good, but I thought the steaks were a little thin and didn't get as crusty a sear as I would like while still being medium rare. Service was attentive and overall it was a good experience, although expensive, $460 for the 4 of us.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

The Capital Grille is always fantastic, it is truly guaranteed you'll have a great experience every time. I finally made it to the location on Boylston St. and I can't wait to go back! We ordered the Lamb Chops as an appetizer, they were perfectly cooked and juicy. The oysters were fresh briny heaven. I had the filet and my comrades both ordered the Porterhouse. All steaks were bursting with flavor and cooked to the textbook definition of medium rare. Sides were delicious, fluffy creamy mashed potatoes and bacon loaded Brussel sprouts. My dirty Martini was so perfect, I ordered a second one. The best part of our experience, however, was the service. Khalid was absolutely outstanding! He was attentive and charismatic, and I can assure you, we never had a glass run dry. Our dining experience was certainly enhanced by the high level of service. I'm so glad to see this Boston standby is still as awesome as ever.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

My parents and I arrived in Boston quite late on a Friday night, and just wandered into the Capital as it was the first open restaurant we saw. What a great surprise. The steak was so delicious. We all also enjoyed our oysters and clam chowder. I will definitely go back--on purpose next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Dined in the bar, best steak I've ever had, amazing service, great restaurant, back bay is a beautiful area of Boston.