“Great service, fresh flavorful food”
Review of Ma Soba

Ma Soba
Ranked #751 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Being from a rural area, I crave asian food whenever I travel to cities. I stumbled on this place while out for a walk during a stay at the Wyndham nearby. I am no expert in Korean cuisine, but the simple and fresh flavors, punky and delicious kimchi, and wealth of colors and textures in each dish were very strong indicators of good food. The restaurant was bustling yet the service was personal and efficient. I will absolutely eat here again. I had the bibimbap in a stone bowl. It was well worth the extra dollar for the stone bowl, the crunchy texture of the rice at the edges brought a lovely textural element to the dish. The sides were great, mine came with a scallion pancake, kimchi, a sprout and cucumber salad and miso soup, all delicious. I can't believe how much I ate. Including a 22oz beer, total bill was $31 a steal in Boston for a sit down dinner.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I have been going to Seoul for several months as my Korean food alternative when I’m out in Boston. They offer traditional Korean dishes along with sushi and Japanese noodle dishes. The menu is versatile as they offer a "fusion" style menu.

So far, my favorites are Gyoza Soup, spicy Korean beef soup and Bibimbap in the entrée. I also liked their mild Udon and various sushi combos such as spicy tuna rainbow roll, and T.N.T. These are quite tasty and enjoyable.

The associates are always nice and polite. The service is very efficient, yet the food takes a while to be delivered. My recommendation is that, be sure to have enough time when you visit this restaurant.

The place is huge. The floor to ceiling windows are wide open on a nice day, making it feel like you are seating outside on a nice sunny day.

It’s almost impossible to find a parking spot around this place. So walking is the best choice. Seoul is located in a good distance from the Government Center station and a very further walk from the MGH Red line station.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent lunch combination menu. I got the Bulgogi/Sushi combo - nice portion of bulgogi with 4 nice sushi pieces, soup, rice, salad - $14 including tip! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I ate here recently with colleagues and found the lunch to be really good. The choices were ample, including a lunch special that was very reasonably priced and had a large amount of food. There is also a large selection of sushi and I chose from this menu. My food was very tasty and beautifully prepared. The service was a bit on the slower side but I would definitely recommend stopping here. Although I haven't gone for dinner, I would definitely do it if I was in the area.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Ate here twice: One time we had Kalbi and Beef Bulgogi and the other time we went for the Sushi. Everything was pretty good, but the Kalbi was excellent. the Service was good and the restaurant set up with the large open front is kinda cool.